Job Location: Houston - Briarforest - Houston, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 5%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Legal, Risk & Compliance
Sanitas is a global healthcare organization expanding across United States. Our services include primary care, urgent care, nutrition, lab, diagnostic, health care education and resources for our patients. We strive to attract professionals who believe in our mission, vision and are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families creating a memorable experience through compassion, respect, and kindness.
The Risk and Compliance Manager shall report directly to the Risk and Compliance Director. The role functions as an objective resource to review and evaluate compliance issues/concerns within the medical centers. Endorses compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures. Promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Promotes understanding, communication and coordination of the organization’s Compliance Program.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of applicable standards and guidelines.
- Encourages understanding, communication and coordination of the clinical quality, compliance initiatives and compliance standards.
- Supports incident reporting by conducting interviews, asking questions, and completing a report
- Reports findings (at various levels of detail) to the Risk and Compliance Director, including proposed recommendations and corrective action plans.
- Actively participates in compliance meetings.
- Provides support for internal and external regulatory and quality audits.
- Works with functional areas to assure compliance related issues have the appropriate support to proactively measure / assess compliance.
- Works with Upper Management to ensure the clinic obtains and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent and authorization forms.
- Will have to conduct in-service training from time-to-time
- Reports findings (at various levels of detail) to the Risk and Compliance Director, including proposed recommendations and corrective action plans
- Performs quarterly assessments of the workplace to ensure it is free from serious recognized hazards and is in compliance with standards, rules and regulations issued under the Act
- Maintains operating procedures and communicates them to ensure employees comply with safety and health requirements
- Communicates changes and updates to staff and management, as applicable
- Provides support in preparing and submitting applications and reports.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Health Care Administration, or related field acceptable
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a health care practice environment, with electronic medical records usage
- Certified HIPAA Professional or willing to obtain within 1 year of employment
- Certified OSHA Professional or willing to obtain within 1 year of employment
- At least 3 years of experience working with HIPAA related compliance rules and regulations, procedures, policies, standards and obligations
- Current knowledge of applicable federal and state Healthcare regulations, including privacy laws and accreditation standards
- Ability to motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources
- MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel
- Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Exceptional written, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Detail-oriented, well-organized critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Strong consultative relationship and interpersonal skills
3 Days Ago