An important link in the Engineering chain, the Project Engineer manages capital improvement projects involving chocolate manufacturing process systems. The role is responsible to develop and maintain project scope, budget, timeline, and success criteria to meet given objectives. The Project Engineer acts as a liaison to Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Industrial Performance and Production to ensure all work is communicated timely and accurately.
This position will require up to 25% travel during certain times of the year.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage capital installation work. Ensure projects have well defined scope, delivered on time and on budget, and meet RSC’s GMP and safety requirements.
- Ensure efficient hand over of new installations to Production through proper training and documentation of new equipment and/or packaging/process system.
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions to accommodate production, QA and management requirements in an optimal solution.
- Carry out independent concept investigations for solutions to assigned projects.
- Write investment requests with strong justification.
- Communicate project goals to Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Industrial Performance and Production.
- Work with vendors to order, specify, test and approve new equipment
- Coordinate mechanical and electrical installation requirements with both outside contractors and internal resources where applicable.
- Work with Training Supervisor, equipment vendor or outside resource to develop training procedure for new equipment.
- Support the production and maintenance departments.
- Provide troubleshooting help for supervisors and leads
- Serve as a resource for Maintenance when expert information is required for troubleshooting and preventative work on new equipment.
- Conduct operational training on new equipment
- Provide timely support to meet Innovation, Marketing, R&D and/or Purchasing requirements in launching new or improved products and / or packaging items. This includes specifying and ordering new tools or machines for new products or packaging improvements and follow-through on implementation from concept to production start-up and training.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 3 years of experience in process engineering and engineering project management or equivalent
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical hands-on skills.
- Ability to start, address and prioritize project issues independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong and effective written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard concepts, best practices in field, and procedures in project management.
- Ability to learn and understand an integrated system (SAP).
- Ability to coordinate projects at various levels in the organization.
- Familiarity with chocolate making processes and/or food production preferred.
- Preferred knowledge and proficiency in PLC language (Allen Bradley and Siemens).
Russell Stover Chocolates is a leader in the manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - are sold in company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.
About Russell Stover Chocolates
Russell Stover Candies is a manufacturer and distributor of jellies, chocolates, cookies and cupcakes.