Ross & Baruzzini is an international technology, consulting, and engineering firm. We consistently achieve ‘Best Place to Work’ recognitions, place on the Zweig Group ‘Hot Firms” list, and rank in industry publications as one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing architecture engineering firms. We succeed with a client-first, relationship-based approach and we excel in solving our customers’ unique challenges. Through the commitment, integrity, and excellence of our employees, we believe all business is personal and that’s the way we like it.
The Project Manager leads and manages customer engagements and is responsible for the successful execution of all aspects of the company’s project delivery process including: customer satisfaction, profitability, scope definition, contract negotiation, scheduling, billing and accounts receivable management. This may also include managing one or more direct reports, other team members, and external team members. A key aspect of this role includes participation in sales and marketing efforts including: ongoing client engagement and management, proposal preparation, shortlist interviews, and attendance at trade shows/conferences.
- Project Management:
- Forecast revenue monthly and manage projects to forecast
- Develop and maintain project schedules, and manage project scope of work
- Plan resources (via Deltek Vision iAccess Project Planning module)
- Lead project team; establish priorities and assign specific tasks to other designers and consultants
- Monitor project performance to achieve targeted financial/profit objectives
- Support project accounting including revenue recognition, billing, and collections
- Facilitate meetings to collaborate on project design, documents, schematics, construction, timelines, budgets, etc.
- Gather appropriate information and coordinate with all necessary parties
- Customer Relationship Management:
- Initiate relationship with clients and serve as primary client point of contact, and set and manage expectations
- Define channels of communication and provide frequent updates; keep customer and other project stakeholders apprised of progress and any necessary modifications or delays
- Approach client with a consultative frame of mind, listen and provide valuable information
- Lead project meetings (for more junior level personnel, co-lead with other Sr. Project Managers)
- Routinely seek customer feedback, respond to and resolve issues as they arise
- Consulting / Design/ Implementation Phase:
- Develop programmatic reports, sketches and budgets to communicate recommendations to clients in a manufacturer-neutral, iterative fashion
- Develop project budget; track and manage the project budget for duration of project
- Assist the customer in selecting a procurement method
- Plan and lead project meetings; establish meeting agendas; document meeting minutes
- Maintain action item and issues log, as well as overall project schedule
- Participate in vendor interviews, and assist with contractor and vendor negotiations
- Oversee construction phases and conduct periodic site visits to ensure contractors adhere to design intent, specifications, quality and objectives
- Approve contractor payment requests
- Develop and manage punch lists for each system
- Develop transition and move plans
- Manage the integrations of various systems between the end users and the supplying vendors
- Track and manage close out activities and documentation
- Sales & Marketing:
- Develop project leads and referrals through personal networking and participation in industry organizations
- Strategically manage existing client relationships
- Participate in proposal preparation and “short list” interviews
- Participate in company sales and marketing meetings and other planning efforts
- Seek out “value-added” opportunities to promote other consulting services to current clients
- Professional Development:
- Attend professional developmental seminars and conferences to stay abreast of industry changes and advances
- Provide education and guidance for other staff
- Participate and contribute to meeting company goals
- This position requires out of town travel. This includes both project related travel and other travel such as industry conferences. This travel is typically during the week and 1-3 days in duration. Expect 1 to 2 trips every month on average. Travel is normally domestic however occasional international travel may be required.
- Registration/Certification Requirements:
- Relevant industry certifications that are valuable in this role are strongly preferred, such as Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year, accredited university in a technical or management area is required. Master’s Degree in either business or technical area considered a plus.
- Professional Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the Architect/Engineer/Contractor (AEC) industry
- Software Proficiency Requirements:
- In addition to strong personal computer skills including proficiency in MS Windows 10 or higher operating environment, a high level of proficiency and expertise in the following productivity tools is required and expected:
- MS Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, etc.
- Scheduling software such as Microsoft Project
- Bluebeam Revu
Equal Opportunity Employer
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work. R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.