Title: Electrical Engineer II
Market/Division: Technology Division
Location: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, North/South Eastern Pennsylvania
Mainly responsible for designing accurate discipline specific drawings from the Senior Engineer/Senior Designers' design.
- Generate electrical designs, plans, construction document packages and coordinate with other trades
- Prepare and author complete project specifications
- Prepare and review shop drawing submittals from contractors using AutoCAD/Revit/Navisworks.
- Inspect, review, and prepare site inspection reports.
- Interact with building owners, property management, architects, and members of design and construction team.
- Develop and maintain CAD/BIM/REVIT standards and details
- Assist with training and mentoring of Level I and Technician team members
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) checks of Level I projects.
- Attend and support technical societies.
- Define system requirements and basis-for-design requirements for design-build work.
- Ensure designs meet all applicable codes and safety standards.
- Provide construction cost estimates
- Field observation and reporting the progress of work
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 7 years' experience in experience in facility design and construction
- Experience designing electrical systems
- in-depth knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution System design and installation
- Previous experience with electrical equipment design to include Generators, UPS systems and electrical switchgear is a must
- Active PE Registration
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication (both written and verbal), and documentation skills
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Capable of researching, reviewing, and developing design criteria for variety of facilities
- Ability to professionally present technical issues to clients, and, when necessary, in laymen’s terms
- Self-starter who works well with others
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and manage responsibilities on multiple projects
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents
Equal Opportunity Employer
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work. R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.