Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Plymouth, MN as a Compliance Manager.
Roers Companies is an emerging leader in real estate development and property management. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, we’re on a mission to elevate multifamily housing nationwide by developing and operating market-rate and affordable housing. Since our founding in 2012, our team has developed nearly $2 billion in real estate, representing more than 5,000 homes. The property management division, previously named Core Living, has ranked among America’s fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 list for the past three years. Our team thrives on purpose-filled work, an entrepreneurial spirit, and unlimited growth potential.
You’re passionate about your work and strive to achieve ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for daily support of site compliance activities related to the property’s affordable housing rules and regulations, and company policy. Duties include:
- Facilitate auditing process - thorough review of all regulatory compliance records in accordance with state, federal, and local regulations
- Completing Program assessments and compliance reviews
- Inspecting all types of certification packets for completeness
- Traveling to other properties in state and out of state to help assist the property managers with compliance
- Completing monthly and Annual Year End Reporting Requirements
- Assist with creating of related affordable policy and procedure
- Relationship management with state agency officials
- Entering resident records and generate essential certification within Yardi
- Complying with all fair housing laws and communicate with appropriate outside finance entities
- Preparing various compliance reports to present to the Compliance Director
- Assuming responsibility for communicating resident and program information from the tenant/resident income certifications for accurate program data reporting to funders on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis, as prescribed by the specific funders, in collaboration with the site leadership,
- Developing and leading program compliance training to ensure adherence to upmost compliance standards
- Assisting with lease-up activities of new sites, which may include attending meetings, providing staffing support, and auditing move-in files
- Assisting with training of property management staff
- Assist with creating programs and manage social service provider relationships
- Direct correspondence with 3rd party compliance (RightSource)
- Direct supervision of staff
- Interviews employee applicants and makes hiring/termination recommendations
- Conducts performance appraisals
- Implementation of corrective action plans
- Ensure appropriate oversight, supervision, and management of all employees within Compliance
- Monitor work performance including strengths and weaknesses
- Provides oversight of the employee services program to include employee reimbursements, flex funds and petty cash disbursement, and coordination of travel and training for Compliance staff
- Other tasks & duties as assigned based on business need
- High School/GED required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 4 years of compliance experience (responsible for processing paperwork and regulation compliance for a property or properties with LIHTC and HUD Program, such as Project Based Section 8 or Section 236.
- This position is directly responsible for leading assigned compliance and/or property level staff.
- Understanding of Affordable Housing Programs (HUD / State Housing Programs) required.
- COS designation preferred, or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- Knowledge of Yardi and RightSource preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including HSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability insurance
- 401k Match
- Equity Opportunity with Match
- Competitive PTO and Paid Holidays
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Free Stays in our Properties’ Guest Suites
- Rent Discount if you choose to live at one of our properties
- Free Weekly Office lunches and Fully Stocked Fridge
- Monthly Social Outings
- Shorter Friday Workdays During Summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: