Do you want to make a real difference in people's lives? Work for an inspiring non-profit leader in disability services!
At Rise, Inc., we believe that everyone deserves opportunities to live a life filled with purpose and pride. In our employment, housing, and life-enrichment services, we support people to set and achieve their personal goals. That shared commitment is the foundation of a workplace that embraces a culture of learning and growth by offering extensive training, competitive salaries, and a fun work environment. Visit our website at www.rise.org to learn more about our work.
Hiring Bonus $1,000 ($500.00 paid at first payroll after hire, balance $500.00 paid after 3 month work anniversary)
What you will be doing:
The Activity Lead/Coordinator will create, schedule and provide skill building, life enrichment, and recreational/leisure activities for adults with disabilities in community and centerbased programming. Provides transportation services for individuals in Rise buses/vans.
- Support the development of curriculum/resources of day services (assist with building a library for use across all Rise programs)
- Coordination and creation of monthly/weekly calendars of activities.
- Maintains inventory of items needed for activities.
- Work closely with the on site Rise Supervisor and Case Managers to ensure activities are person centered and align with program plans.
- Build, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with community partners to develop volunteer opportunities for people in the community.
- Provide support to people using a person-centered approach while modeling person centered practices.
- Lead with a service focus to set the example for others in focusing on providing excellent service for people served, their families, and all other people who support them.
- Provide direct support for the individuals in this program including transferring and repositioning adults to/from wheelchairs with the use of equipment.
What you will need to do this job:
- Technology skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Teams, etc.).
- Case management – Learn software system and become proficient.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn systems of AAC (adaptive communication) and assistive technology in areas of software, hardware and mobility.
- Current, valid driver’s license.
- A driving record that demonstrates safe, legal driving habits.
- Compliance with MN DHS Rule 11, Rise MVR background check , and other pre-employment requirements.
- The team member frequently is required to twist, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, stand, sit and walk for up to eight hours per day. Able to lift and transfer people, with varying weights is an essential function of this role.
Preferred Education, Experience, and other Qualifications
- Previous experience practicing person-centered techniques with people with disabilities or other barriers.
- Degree in human service field and one-year experience working with adults with disabilities and/or brain injuries preferred.
What we have to offer you:
- Wage: $20.00 - $21.00/per hr., depending on qualifications
- Daytime work hours (No evenings, weekends, or major holidays)
- A pathway opportunity for persons aspiring for careers in Social Work, Human Services, and/or Health Care or desire to work as an ASL interpreter.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- PTO starting at 16 days per year paid and floating holidays
- Training including CPR and 1st Aid certification to help you be successful in your role.
Are you looking to work with a diverse team of professionals? Do you want to work in a fun environment while supporting others to live a life of possibilities? Then join Rise, Inc.! Visit our career page to apply to this and other positions, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org if any questions.
Rise values being a person-centered organization. This impacts how we carry out services for the people we support and our organizational culture. We encourage people's unique individual differences and celebrate the ways our team members contribute to our community. We believe in a workplace informed by differing viewpoints and perspectives created from a diverse team and welcome people of all races, genders, ages, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, and backgrounds to apply. Our goal is that those we serve and our team members always feel valued and respected.