We are seeking an Aviation Planner to join Ricondo’s team of talented aviation consultants in our Miami office. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our firm provides strategic planning services to airports across the United States and around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. As an Aviation Planner, you will work both independently and in collaboration with our diverse team of aviation professionals located in Florida and across the country to address challenges associated with airport infrastructure project development and implementation. You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and expertise by participating in diverse aviation projects. No two airports are the same and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem-solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us!
The Aviation Planner will be responsible for performing entry-level professional planning research, concept development, and implementation of aviation projects and studies. The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
Core Responsibilities Requirements
- Conducts field surveys, investigations, and collects data in support of airport planning studies.
- Consults with fellow employees and senior staff concerning the compilation, interpretation, and presentation of research data for airport planning studies.
- Prepares draft sections of reports and deliverables based on verbal and written input from others as well as individual efforts.
- Assists in developing, formatting, publishing, and distributing tables, charts, manuals, and maps that deal with existing and proposed airport planning studies.
- Provides technical assistance, and written recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Develops and maintains electronic data sets, files, and troubleshoots existing analysis tools and/or programs.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a solid foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Aviation Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Economics
- 0-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in airport planning or related field
- Possesses a familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry
- Familiarity with FAA Advisory Circulars, Engineering Briefs, and other industry planning/design guidance documents
- Knowledge and experience with spatial/graphical analysis applications (AutoCAD, REVIT, GIS, 3DS Max)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Knowledge and experience with analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, database, simulation, or modelling tools such as VISSIM, SketchUp, and/or AviPlan.
- Master’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning or Aviation Management,
- Working knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research for airports
- Self-motivated: individual who can take initiative to identify creative and technically sound solutions, and the ability to work well with staff both in-person and remotely in other locations. Willingness to learn new skills necessary to perform and grow as an airport planning consultant
- Detail-oriented: in analytic and technical writing assignments, the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences and to edit for consistency and grammar.
- Proactive and effective communicator: excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate with teams and clients.
- Highly organized: plan and prioritize work assignments and demonstrate ability to manage concurrent assignments with different teams.
Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- Flexible spend accounts (medical and dependent care)