Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Senior FullStack Engineer at Rhino, you’ll join a formidable, passionate technology team, helping to build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize renting.
In this role you will:
- Build and improve features to drive Rhino’s explosive growth
- Understand Rhino products at a deep technical level, and become a subject matter expert
- Be a strong advocate for excellent coding practices as well as user experience
- Design and lead the implementation of new products
- Craft and architect secure, compliant, performant, and delightful solutions with complex requirements.
- Provide feedback on features being developed across the company and suggest solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, standups, and planning sessions, while listening to feedback and commenting on others’ approaches. Mentor/train junior engineers
- Use Ruby, TypeScript, SQL, React.JS and other languages day-to-day
- Collaborate with design, product management, marketing, sales, and compliance to help plan and implement new initiatives
- Help choose tools, technologies, and patterns for new products.
- Be a trusted member of the team where your voice is heard and respected
- Build and improve features to support our renter customers and landlord partners.
- Mentor and help level up junior engineers and contractors
- Humble partner with others on our team and throughout the company
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 3-8 years of experience building web technologies
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with React, modert HTML, CSS, and Typescript
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Technical lead experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Heroku preferred
- An Engineer that is excited to quickly ship features in a collaborative, rigorous, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership in software development
- Proven ability to break down and execute on complex business-critical requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile software development
Feel you partially or mostly meet the requirements?
- At Rhino, we’re not looking for someone that will check every box. In fact, if we were, we’d miss out on some extremely talented and capable people. Research has shown, in particular, that women and other marginalized groups apply for jobs when they check every box. So, if you find yourself on the fence because you don’t meet every requirement, please apply anyway! We’d love to meet and discuss the opportunity, your skills and passions, and see if we could be a match!
- Competitive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) - Eligible on your start date
- Unlimited PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness; generous paid parental leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness and/or co-working)