Supports the successful execution of all operations in the hotel operations departments (may include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Operations Team
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and communicates game plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Assists in ensuring that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Supporting Property Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
Assisting in Managing Profitability
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Understands financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
|Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World™ at Residence Inn by Marriott.|
The job skills required for Operations Manager include Customer Service, Scheduling, Guest Service, Housekeeping etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Operations Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Operations Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.