JOB TITLE: Data Analyst FLSA Exempt
l. Primary Function
The Procurement Data Analyst will work closely with the business functional managers and users in the Procurement department to support systems that meet business requirements. This individual will be responsible for the setup, configure, and train new systems and tools for the Procurement Managers for review, analysis, and reporting.
This is a hands-on position which will require the individual to work closely with Procurement, BI, Cost Control, IT teams; and 3rd party Suppliers to perform and control configurations, perform data entry and validation, research new data sources, data analysis, and stablish standard procedures for managing data reports.
ll. Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with the Procurement and BI team to ensure new tools and reports are setup and configure properly.
· Provide tech and Data support for Procurement Management and BI users; this includes resolving and reconciling data issues, as well any ad-hoc data analysis requests from users.
· Work with integration partners to ensure data integration are in place and assist with troubleshooting integration issues with and 3rd party Supplier teams.
· Act as the Procurement BI Dashboard Data support, to ensure completeness and accuracy of published information in the dashboards.
· Perform data integrity checks on data provided by users and external data subscription Suppliers to ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
· Participate in and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for new and enhanced systems.
· Work with IT and BI to automate the functional processes of the tools and reports.
Ill. Qualifications and Experience
· College degree in Business Management preferred.
· Expert knowledge of Excel, including lookups, complex formulas, pivot tables, macros, VBA, etc.
· Experience working with, querying, and reporting from relational databases. (5 years)
· Highly Proficient in Power BI
· Have experience with writing SQL commands to query relational databases
lV. Knowledge and Skills
· Attention to details and the ability to read and follow directions is extremely important.
· Analytical skills that allow for detecting and troubleshooting data anomalies
· Ability to work well under continually changing deadlines and priorities
· Knowledge in SAP, Coupa or SAP Ariba (desirable)
The job skills required for Data Analyst include SQL, Data Analysis, BI, Power BI, Attention to Detail, Analytical Skills etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Data Analyst. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Data Analyst. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Data Analyst, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Data Analyst for your reference.