The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General Manager, with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
|You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.|
The job skills required for Director of Human Resources include Leadership, Employee Relations, Initiative, Planning, Coaching,and Talent Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Human Resources. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Human Resources. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Director of Human Resources, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Director of Human Resources for your reference.