Job Title: Direct Support Professional
Job Area: North King County
Compensation: $18-21 per hour
Shifts Needed: AM / PM / OVERNIGHT
Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Do you enjoy seeing the long-lasting impact your efforts make? If you said YES, then we’d love for you to apply today!
SAILS Washington is a part of the Redwood Family Care Network, and we take our mission to heart. Our mission is to provide world-class, person-centered services that promote choice, independence, and the opportunity for growth. This is achieved through working partnerships and integrated care coordination.
The Direct Support Professionals role at Sails WA is to support adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities to have a higher quality of life. A DSP promotes the health, safety and well-being of the people we support. A DSP will also serve as an advocate for the people we support and their rights.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Program Administrator, the DSP will provide each participant with an array of instruction and support services, as described in the participants’ Individual Instruction and Support Plan (IISP).
- Assistance with daily living skills which could include assistance in a variety of areas, depending on the needs of the client. The daily living skills could include the following:
- Feeding, and assistance with eating, includes supervising or guiding the client when able to feed self, assisting with difficult tasks such as cutting food or buttering bread, and orally feeding the client when unable to feed self.
- Dressing or assisting the client with dressing when needed.
- Personal hygiene or body care: assisting the client to wash, bathing includes supervising or guiding the client to bathe, helping the client get in or out of the tub or shower if needed, or completely bathing the client if they are unable to.
- Toileting: helping the client to and from the bathroom, assisting with bedpan routines, using incontinent briefs, cleaning the client after elimination or assisting them on and off the toilet.
- Assists participants with regularly accessing the community to take part in a variety of outings of the participants’ choosing. This may require transporting participants or arranging for transportation.
- Ensures that participants are treated with dignity and consideration at all times. Promotes and safeguards each participant’s ability to make decisions and to freely exercise his/her rights.
- Provide Companionship through Activities
- Provide Transportation Support
- Assist with the Activities of Daily Living
- Provide Meal Plan/Prep Support
- Monitor Client for Change in Condition
- Provide Support with Medication
- Support with Housekeeping
Compensation & Benefits:
- $18 - 21 per hour
- Voluntary Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & ADD plus Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO Vacation & Sick Time)
- Unlimited Peer Referral Program
- Payday on demand through Dayforce Wallet
- Working Advantage employee discount program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Capella University Discounts
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License, a reliable vehicle, up-to-date auto insurance, and must be willing to transport clients.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required
- High School Diploma / Equivalent required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. (documentation required)
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
- First Aid/CPR Certified (within 120 days of employment, training can be provided)
- Have an active NAR/HCA/CNA (within 120 days of employment)
- Blood Borne Pathogen (within 120 days of employment, training can be provided)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
For more information, or to learn about other opportunities with Sails Washington, please visit our parent company's website: https://www.redwoodfcn.com/careers/