**Please note: Red Dot Corporation's Tukwila, Washington location will be relocating to Puyallup, Washington, beginning January 2023**
Red Dot Corporation, the leading producer of premium mobile HVAC units and components, is looking for a Network Administrator. In this role, we are looking for someone who can plan the future growth and expansion of our corporate networks. This role will be responsible for maintaining our current systems and keeping our IT Team and Company Business Groups updated. The ideal candidate for this position is certified to work with Juniper Network Hardware and Systems in both the Wired and Wireless realms, and is well-versed in Windows-based solutions. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience at the enterprise networking level, and can also work well with legacy systems. Experience with Cybersecurity best practices is essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
· Work closely with departmental managers to determine future network needs and plan for network changes.
· Develop methods and tools to be used to test and implement new VLAN/LAN/WAN equipment.
· Create projects that are designed to either add functionality required by the company or to address ongoing network initiatives and improvements.
· Engage in regular network troubleshooting activities and resolve network connectivity issues.
· Analyze the current network structure and submit quarterly comprehensive reports to executive team on how to make the network more efficient.
· Act as an ambassador and project a “good company image” at all times maintaining a positive, solution-oriented approach.
· Is knowledgeable of company policies and quality procedures.
· Ensures all areas are maintained in accordance with company policy, state, federal and regulating entities.
· Is aware of and actively supports the achievement of departmental goals. Implement new company initiatives as assigned.
· Provide internal and on-site customer support and problem solving as a work product/services expert. Make recommendations to management regarding solutions.
· Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision; able to make decisions using own initiative based on company policy and regulating entities. Give regular updates to direct supervisor regarding progress and non-routine occurrences that may disrupt work schedule.
· Ensure knowledge of the appropriate safety, security and environmental revisions. Handle relevant equipment with care, being concerned with safety and security. Immediately report safety concerns to Supervisor/Lead.
· Ensure a professional appearance, use professional verbiage and maintain appropriate body language.
· Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume regulated environment applying strong attention to detail.
· Ability to analyze issues, troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
· Strong communication skills with external and internal personnel to include:
o Active listening skills; ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
o Ability to clearly explain technical subjects to internal and external personnel.
o Strive for clarity and for alleviation of tension when the need arises.
o Able to be effective in a wide range of cultural groups and cross-cultural relationships and have the ability to communicate clearly to non-native speakers.
· Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment and amongst multiple interruptions and competing demands.
· Continue own education by staying informed of industry trends and learning new skills when possible.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
· Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field preferred but not required.
· Preferred certifications: Network , JNCIP-DC, JNCIP-ENT, CCNA, Security , MCSE, MCSA.
· 2 years' successful network troubleshooting experience.
· Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision.
· Proven experience managing a large and complex network.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Strong safety record and a history of establishing safe work practices.
**A combination of education, training, and experience which has provided theoretical and practical knowledge will be evaluated for equivalency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to sit or stand at computer for extended periods of time
· The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Sufficient manual dexterity and motor control to use common drafting implements and calculators.
The job skills required for Network Administrator include Networking, LAN, WAN, Problem Solving, Futures,and Communicates Effectively etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Network Administrator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Network Administrator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.