Flight Paramedic - Oceanside, CA
We’re hiring a Flight Paramedic to work with our team of air transportation experts to safely transport patients to and from medical facilities as well as scene call work. Safety, effective and efficient patient care is a key pillar of our services, therefore you’ll work on a quality, professional team that is committed to high safety standards for the crew and our customers.
• Responsible for completion and submission of electronic patient care record for each dispatched flight within the specified time frame
• Responsible for daily base checks, which includes narcotic count
• Provide pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation
• Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences
• Maintain documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing education, safety, and advanced procedures in the Employee Education Manual
• Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by emergency programs
• Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals, and the public
• Functions as a medical flight member
• Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefing and completes necessary documentation
• Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and Pilot assistance when needed, i.e. radio, navigational, and visual observation activities
• Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment prior to liftoff
• Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed
• Responsible for filling open or vacant shifts within assigned area as deemed appropriate by the Regional Director
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an ALS or critical care setting required
• Flight experience preferred
• Current EMT-P license/certification in the states served by the assigned area required
• BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required prior to flight status. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 6 months of hire
• Advanced Certification (FP-C) preferred, required within 12 months from date of hire.
• Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred
• NREMT-P certification may be require in assigned area
Why Choose REACH? As a leader in helicopter air ambulance services, REACH Air Medical Services is one of Global Medical Response’s (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. View the stories on how our employees provide care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care and check out our comprehensive benefit options at GlobalMedicalResponse.com/Careers.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability. Notice of Nondiscrimination: https://www.globalmedicalresponse.com/docs/site/non-discrimination
The job skills required for Flight Paramedic include Patient Care, Critical Care, Interpersonal Relationships, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Flight Paramedic. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Flight Paramedic. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.