Starting Pay Rate: $19.41 per hour
- Flexible work schedule menu to include the ability to work: a four-day work week, four-day work week, every other week, or a typical five-day work schedule.
- 16 vacation annual days, 12 annual sick days, and 11 annual paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
The NY Connects - Information and Assistance Coordinator works under the Project Manager to provide participants with unbiased information and connections to qualified providers of long term supports and services by phone and in person. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide unbiased information and assistance on long term supports and services.
- Conduct educational and awareness presentations to community partners, groups, and individuals about NY Connects and local long term supports and services.
- Maintain and develop relationships with community-based organizations, councils, and committees.
- Establish and maintain community referral knowledge.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An associate or bachelor degree in a human services field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Successful candidates will have at least two years of experience in a human services position that requires direct service to individuals.
- Experience with the provision of information and referral services and/or long term supports, and services preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources, local geography, and local supports and services.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to use common office equipment, proficiency with MS Office software, public speaking, problem solving, organization and group facilitation.
- Ability to travel independently required.
Travel Required: Yes, minimal
Location: Utica, NY
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.