This position is eligible for our quarterly profit-sharing bonuses!
Northside Animal Hospital is looking to add an adaptable Customer Service Representative to their team in Hooksett, NH. This role will be either a part time or full-time.
- Answers telephone calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system
- Warmly greets clients
- Prepares patient files
- Receives and relays client correspondence and updates client financial records
- Answers client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures
- Educates clients on over-the-counter products such as flea and tick preventions
- Admits patients and handles medical records entries accurately
- Prepares estimates for procedures and discuss financial commitments with clients while positively supporting hospital financial policies.
- Handles payment transactions.
- Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly
- Assists with basic restraint and animal handling in the exam room. Discharges patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
- Answers telephones and handles calls quickly, efficiently, and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system.
- Uses Cornerstone to add, update and inactivate client and patient information.
- Ensures that all reminders and call backs for patients are accurate and up to date.
Requirements and Essential Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working in the veterinary or animal care field
- Significant experience with basic office functions in a busy office environment
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be a team player and have compassion for pets and their people
- The ability to handle stressful situations with grace, compassion and professionalism
- Understands different communication styles and modifies their behavior accordingly
- Solutions-based, able to handle conflict respectfully and maintain composure amidst busy and constantly changing circumstances
- Demonstrates initiative and teamwork in everyday duties by seeking other work to do during slow periods, including cleaning rooms, doing laundry, picking up around the hospital and assisting other employees within the practice. Fills in for others as needed.
- Escorts clients/patients to rooms, introduces oneself and takes a thorough patient history in a quick, efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides compassionate, ‘Fear Free’ based care to patients and clients. Recognizes and minimizes fear, anxiety and stress in a variety of species and adheres to animal handling and restraint practices of Northside Animal Hospital. Provide extensive client education on the value of Fear Free and techniques employed.
- Knows species-specific vaccination protocols and can explain what they are to clients
- Accurately fills medications prescribed by Northside’s licensed veterinarians.
- Explains necessary follow up and homecare instructions.
- Discharges patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Better than average computer skills, minimal spelling errors, strives for accuracy.
- Scans records into client/patient account appropriately.
- Records client conversations in Cornerstone, seeks out advice from manager if unsure how to record.
- Conducts oneself in a confident and professional manner with clients even when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Interacts intelligibly, pleasantly, and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
- Answers client inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures. Has an understanding of basic husbandry for cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs. Learns about husbandry for other species seen at NAH.
- Educates clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals; has full knowledge of heartworm and external parasite preventives to promote client education and sales.
- Avoids escalating clients. Understands the importance of employee’s body language, tone of voice and other non-verbal communication skills and uses them to maintain open, respectful communication with clients and staff.
Northside Animal Hospital is a state-of-the-art Rarebreed practice, located in Hooksett, New Hampshire. They are a two and a half doctor practice specializing in preventative care and wellness, medical case diagnostics, surgery, dentistry and imaging. They also offer a fully stock veterinary pharmacy, in house lab work and ultrasound capacity! They’ve been a beloved part of the community for over 40 years and are dedicated to individualized care and a stellar customer and patient experience.
Hooksett is a thriving town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire. The town is located between Manchester, the state's largest city, and Concord, the state capital. It’s centrally located for access to camping, snow sports and hiking, and was honored in 2005 as a Preserve America community!
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession with the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (or opt-out incentive)
- Company-paid 3% 401(k) contribution
- Generous paid time off to ensure work/life integration
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Pet Care discounts for your family pets at our clinics
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background checks.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/