RaganSmith is seeking a full-time, mid-level Traffic Engineer based in our Nashville office. This position is responsible for project analysis, design, and task management within transportation planning, traffic analysis, and design. This role will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of traffic projects with private and public clients throughout the state and southeast.
- Prepare traffic engineering and transportation planning studies through applying standard methods
- Execute transportation design plans to TDOT, AASHTO, and/or other relevant design criteria including horizontal and vertical geometric design
- Stormwater/erosion prevention and sediment control and work zone traffic control design
- Directing and training junior staff
- Support project managers in meeting project goals and providing quality deliverables
- Additional related duties as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of engineering experience with recent experience in transportation or traffic engineering preferred
- Tennessee PE license or EI Registration
- Understanding of standard and common traffic analysis methodology and procedures
- Experience in development of roadway plans and specifications along with local municipalities and permitting agencies
- Proficiency with Synchro, HCS 7, MicroStation, Geopak, or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Compensatory time
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.