Job Details Job Location
Project Control/Nebraska - Lincoln, NE Position Type
Full Time Travel Percentage
Project Control is a Program and Project Management firm and a subsidiary of Raba Kistner. Our purpose is to build a better and more sustainable world for our employees, their families, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our Core Values are:
- Community "We care for our communities"
- Integrity "We act with integrity"
- Passion "We infuse passion into everything we do"
- Quality "We believe quality comes from a culture of innovation and continuous improvement"
- Growth "We dedicate ourselves to personal and business growth"
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager
to join our Project Control team in Omaha/Lincoln, Nebraska
. This role is responsible for serving as a Project Manager on projects. It will require support in expanding, as well as marketing Project Control commercial construction. Other responsibilities include:
- Mentor, as well as coordinate & track professional development of staff.
- Monitor our professional practice ensuring compliance with generally accepted practice; review project quality plan, including quality control & assurance during design, construction, and commissioning.
- Review proposals and qualifications statements.
- Prepare or direct proposal prep, scope, and manage sub-consultants' activities & budgets.
- Represent the client/owner as requested in all meetings
- Advocate for and make recommendations to owners keeping their best interest in mind.
- Coordinate open communication with all parties, at all times.
- Develop project requirements, budgets, and schedules.
- Review maintenance of risk register.
- Create selection criteria for design and construction resources, lead negotiations, and coordinate design activities.
- Assist with FF&E requirements & coordination for projects.
- Prepare monthly reports, take minutes, and conduct project meetings.
- Review project drawings and specs.
- Review/recommend approval of contractor's construction GMAX pricing, proposed subcontractor buy-out, RFI's, change order pricing, submittal status, and reports; including A/E additional services.
- Provide reports to stakeholders on project status & progress.
- Ensure communication to Direct Report of any claims, risks, or disputes to prevent litigation.
- Be a partner in sound financial planning to foster profitability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or equivalent, and 5-10 years experience management of architectural and/or engineering consulting related to new construction, and/or renovation projects. You must have working knowledge of proposal preparation including scope development and budgeting, including proven successful track record of marketing and presentation skills.
The Senior Project Manager must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to speak clearly and concisely with clients and staff to ensure effective and efficient management of projects is paramount. Strong organization skills, utilizing firm resources when and where appropriate are key elements of this position. The ability to adapt quickly to form-based project management and construction management specific software programs is important for this role. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel spreadsheets, is also important. Possess a valid driver's license within the applicable jurisdiction and meet company's auto insurability requirements. Able to drive vehicle short and long distances.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stop, and talk. Occasionally required to lift and/or move 50 pounds. Frequently required to use hands and reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, far vision, color vision, peripheral vision, focus vision and depth vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Potential exposure to movement of heavy equipment on construction or roadway sites; potential exposure to hazardous dangerous chemicals and solvents, noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy, and vibration; all of which would require employee to follow proper safety procedures and utilize appropriate protective equipment.
This position may require protracted or irregular hours. Flexibility to work irregular hours is necessary due to client needs. Work responsibilities may require extended out-of-town/overnight travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices, and project locations.
Drug Free Workplace