Civil Engineering Project Manager
Do you have a passion for creating world class, unique and growing communities? Then this is the place for you. R&R strives to thrill our clients by providing the highest quality civil, survey, and planning services that align with their vision and to streamline the development process. We are a full-service Civil Engineering and a Professional Land Surveying organization established in 1988.
About the Job
This position is targeted for 6-10 years of engineering experience in land development.
As a Project Manager, you will represent R&R in all regular communications with the client from initial effort, through the entire course of the project. Regular communication with the management team is required and essential in relation to project success. You will be responsible for managing the project, as a whole, as well as all of the details involved. Emphasis of civil engineering experience and knowledge includes site grading, drainage calculations, utility design, cost estimating, permitting support, and specification preparation.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads the project team to the completion of successful projects.
- Coordinates and oversees completion of tasks in all phases of the project cycle for facilities related renovations and construction projects.
- Identifies potential design and/or construction problems and provide recommended actions and options before significantly impacting schedule or quality.
- Manages all communication with clients for multiple projects and provide engineering and technical support to clients.
- Administers all civil engineering projects, assist in preparation of proposals.
- Ensures compliance to schedule and budget.
- Maintains ongoing client relationships, pursue new professional connections, and seek new project opportunities with current clients.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling project team activities, including but not limited to; reviewing and/or supervising technical aspects of work as well as defining the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for quality control and be the primary client contact for each project.
- Sets goals, evaluate staff performance, and serve as a resource and mentor to the engineering staff.
- Coordinates staff resources with the engineering teams.
- Participates in contract negotiations, approves client billing, secures contract amendments for changes to scope and fees, and assist in receivables.
- Meets or exceeds group and individual performance goals.
- Effectively communicates project requirements to all team members.
- Commits resources of the firm issuing start and stop orders relating to the project progress and clients’ directives within contract requirements.
- Provides input to the management team regarding staff adjustments and promotion of immediate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Colorado Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain within 6-months.
- Experience with various project types including private, municipal, recreational and educational projects.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Experience in land development design for a wide variety of projects (preferably specific to Colorado).
- Exceptional communication (oral, written, listening), organization, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience effectively managing and mentoring other employees.
- Knowledgeable of plan requirements and details necessary for construction plan submittals to local agencies for permitting and approvals.
- Knowledgeable of disciplines involving site development including coordination with civil engineering team, landscaping team and architectural team.
- Experience working with local agencies to gain project approvals.
- Enjoys working in a team environment setting.
- Aptitude to learn new tasks and work toward organizational goals.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on a variety of projects.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Job type: Full-time
Pay: 90k-120k Annually
- Results Oriented (follow through on commitments and deadlines)
- Client Focused
- Personal Accountability
- Driven by Excellence
- Passionate about providing the highest level of communication and client services
R&R believes in employee development in addition to not losing sight of maintaining a healthy work life balance that includes a culture of fun along with hard work. We encourage a collaborative environment. We offer competitive pay and a complete benefits package.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance