Pure Power Engineering is seeking a highly experienced, analytical, and forward-thinking leader with experience developing, implementing, running, & leading the finance and accounting operations of a growing engineering firm. The ideal candidate will balance day-to-day management of the accounting team executing the work, while looking to the future and building processes & capabilities to enable continued growth (doubling in size every 3 years).
This role leads initiatives across the corporate and operations accounting teams to ensure a high degree of collaboration and consistency, with clear lines of communication and clearly aligned goals. The ideal candidate will direct accounting and financial operations, while collaborating with executives, HR, and sales teams. They will report directly to Vice President Operations.
Candidate’s Previous Experience:
Candidate can demonstrate experience and abilities for the following:
- Managing accounting, finance, and tax operations of an engineering or a professional services firm.
- Leadership in an engineering or professional services firm, with a finance department of 10 people supporting a firm of 250 people.
- Managing external relationships with financial institutions and outside accountants.
- Excellent financial management and organizational skills.
- Experience with S Corporations, business licensing, and business insurance.
- Responsible for designing and implementing budget and financial planning processes.
- Cash flow management and strategy.
- Knowledge and management of payroll tax registrations in local jurisdictions.
- Partnering with HR on the annual benefits renewal process.
- Coaching and giving feedback, developing employees’ hard and soft skills.
- A solid financial foundation. You feel comfortable diving into details and interacting with the accounting team at all levels of seniority as required.
- Balancing the coordination of fast-paced daily priorities with important, longer-term strategic efforts.
- Ability to unlock insights into the organization’s financial results, managing risks, and providing data informed analyses and issue resolution.
- Assisting HR with hiring, developing, and retaining top talent for the department.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience, including 5 years in a senior management role supporting teams of 10 .
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- A successful record of accomplishment in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and complex problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making, with the desire to brainstorm future-thinking ideas.
- Soft Skills: Exceptional leadership qualities, including motivation, conflict-management, & high EQ.
- Energized by change and change management. Ready to bring in innovative ideas and fresh perspectives on how we approach finance and accounting from initiation to execution.
- Senior leader overseeing the tax, finance, and accounting for the company from a process, and people management perspective.
- Provide leadership in a manner which will continue to ensure a cohesive and collaborative environment consistent with PPE’s culture & values.
- Sets the tone for day-to-day inner workings, manages expectations of senior management, the accounting team, and the engineering teams, and ensures a positive, productive atmosphere.
Finance and Accounting Oversight
- Cash flow management
- Design and implementation of planning and budgeting processes
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Analyzing financial performance.
- Overseeing annual financial statement compilation and tax filings.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Oversee weekly payroll processing, manage local payroll tax registrations.
- Annual tax planning and support of tracking cash basis tax position.
- Assessing, managing, and minimizing financial risk.
- Define/refine operational KPIs that drive bottom line growth, drive accountability of performance against metrics.
- Ensuring we have the right people and the right action plan in place for success.
- Maintain clear communications with staff regarding operational practices, goals, objectives, and performance.
- Liaison between the Vice President Operations and the Accounting team while maintaining a clear organizational reporting structure detailing the relationships and responsibilities of all positions consistent with the strategic growth of the Company, while holding the team accountable for execution.
Cross Function Collaboration
- Collaborate with the HR, engineering teams, and business development team leads, sharing knowledge.
- Ensure seamless communication and clearly defined teamwork across all teams.
- Analyze various finance operations reports to identify trends in all business areas, including employee staffing levels and organizational growth.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure timely delivery of all financial reports.
- Mentoring and training the Accounting team in all aspects of their function but, as importantly, growing them into strong leaders.
- Helping to expand the size and capabilities of the team by building, training, and developing a team of A players in all levels of accounting and finance through ongoing career development
- Work with HR to recruit and ensure the properly staffed department.
- Observe managers’ performance using qualitative and quantitative measures.
- Identify high performing staff members and provide career path and advancement plans.
- Develop training programs for hard & soft skills specific to the accounting and finance team.
Other tasks as assigned.
- 10 years in a senior accounting/finance management position.
- 5 years at an engineering or professional services firm.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field.
- CPA and/or MBA.
- Worked with an outside accounting firm for annual financial statement and tax preparation.
- Developing and maintaining bank relationships.
- Experience with cash basis accounting for tax filings.
- Heavy involvement in development and maintenance of the Financial Planning & Analysis process.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics F&O, a plus.
- Experience leading and developing a high performing team.
- Highly organized and solution oriented.
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Efficiency and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with employees, including those in leadership roles.
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently under pressure.
Salary Range: $150,000-$170,000
This position will be based out of our exciting downtown Hoboken, NJ Headquarters with the flexibility to work a hybrid in-office and remotely weekly schedule. We are next to public transportation options from NYC and Northern NJ. We also provide a parking spot for the days when an employee wishes to drive to the office and for those that utilize public transportation, we will cover the costs associated with traveling to and from the office.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee medical, dental, and vision benefits costs, offer 401k matching, commuter benefits and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.