Warehouse Material Handler
PSC Group is seeking a Warehouse Material Handler to join our team at a chemical manufacturing plant in Gregory, TX. The Material Handler is responsible for unloading product received using a forklift, maintaining inventory, and managing scale ticket documentation for trucks. This is a full-time position with potential advancement opportunities. If you’re looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
12 hour shift (Days)
$17.00 - $20.00 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guides trucks to designated areas to offload / load product and validates paperwork prior to transfers
- Operates a forklift and/or hooks up to trucks according to procedures to transfer product
- Oversees the weighing of and manages scale ticket documentation for inbound/outbound trucks
- Properly manages warehouse inventory of all product that is received and/or shipped
- Maintain housekeeping of the warehouse.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
Why join the PSC team?
- Experience working around chemical loading operations is a plus, but not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Since 1952, PSC Group has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at PSC Group - Career Videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at PSC Group - Newsletter.
- Our Core Values serve as the foundation for all we do—how we conduct our business, serve our customers, and treat members of our PSC family. Learn more at PSC Group - Core Values.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read fluent English. Hear and have good vision.
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PSC Group, formerly known as Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.