Join us at our Hiring Event where you'll be able to interview on the spot with our Operations/HR teams!!
Date: Wednesday, September 28th
Time: 9am - 12:00 PM
Address: 2415 N. 16th Street Orange TX 77630 (Workforce Solutions - Orange Office)
PSC Group is hiring an Equipment Operator to join our team! This is a full-time, entry level position offering competitive wages, great benefits, and opportunities for cross-training, career growth, and advancement. If you're looking for a great career opportunity with a growing company that is the leader in product handling for the petrochemical industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
8 hour rotating shifts (rotates between days/nights/weekends/holidays)
$16.00 - $20.00 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Makes sure that the correct material is being fed into the extruder hopper
- Sets the extruder controls to obtain the correct temperature for melting the polymer
- Ensures that the resulting product is the correct shape, thickness and size by adjusting the extruder controls
- Ensures correct weight of product by weighing on scales
- Responsible for monitoring all gauges on extrusion line, oil pressure, water temperature, hydraulic pressure, etc
- Responsible for keeping their production sheet filled out correctly and legibly
- Responsible for all housekeeping during shift
- Works with team members, shift supervisor, and all necessary personnel to take care of complications as they arise
- Communicates with fellow team members on other shifts to learn of any equipment problems or malfunctions, and takes care of them as they come up
- Completes any other duties assigned
Why join the PSC team?
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Founded in 1952, PSC' s longevity is rooted in our commitment to quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking good care of our employees.
- PSC is the industry leader in product handling and site logistics services for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- Check out our videos at PSC Group - Career Videos to see how the work we do makes a difference and is essential for our economy.
- Learn more about our company culture and view our PSC Connection employee newsletter at PSC Group - Newsletter
- Our Core Values serve as the foundation for all we do—how we conduct our business, serve our customers, and treat members of our PSC family. Learn more at PSC Group - Core Values
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read fluent English. Hear and have good vision.
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PSC Group, formerly known as Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.