Remote Type & Schedule
This position has the capability to be fully remote. In addition, our Service Desk operation is 24x7. All candidates need to have shift flexibility to work all shifts (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends).
The Service Desk Coordinator will be primarily responsible for handling level 1 and some level 2 support calls, as well as troubleshooting computer hardware issues, desktop operating systems, other application issues. Our perfect candidate will possess a great degree of customer service skills and be able to effectively communicate with clients/customers and to follow through on all work assigned.
Essential job functions:
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate service tickets as needed
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
- Provide remote technical assistance and support for incoming service tickets via emails and calls for issues related to computer hardware, software, and SaaS applications
- End user support of mobile devices
- Work with the team to ensure tickets assigned are responded to in a timely manner.
- Communication skills to participate in project meetings and technical work sessions with co-workers and customers
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or scheduled maintenance outages
- Orienting new end users in hardware, software, and network systems/services available
- Produce, maintain, and update technical documentation
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- The ability to complete training classes, personal study, and certification exams as assigned
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience providing remote support via telephone, or remote desktop technology
- 2-3 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10/11
- 2-3 years’ experience with Microsoft Office
- 2-3 years’ experience with setting up, configuring & troubleshooting PC & laptop hardware and peripherals
- 2-3 years’ experience troubleshooting printers
- 1 years’ experience with Active Directory
- 1 years’ experience of Microsoft 365
- Basic troubleshooting experience of network connectivity: WAN and LAN
- Basic troubleshooting experience of remote access solution: VPN and Terminal Services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail
- CompTIA A /Network
- Experience with PSA and RMM tools like ConnectWise Manage and Automate