Licensed Nurse (LPN or RN),Full Time Days-6:30am-3:00pm
Victorian Village, Homer Glen, IL
Victorian Village is a member of the Providence Life Services family where we are committed to enhancing the lives of those we serve.
Summary of essential functions:
The Licensed Nurse (LPN or RN) will provide nursing care according to physician’s orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards, and administrative policies. Maintaining accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care. Performs all functions in compliance with CDC, OSHA, JCAHO, State and Federal Regulatory bodies. Communicates and interprets the goals of care to the resident and family/caregiver.
- Responsible to provide direct nursing care to the clients and manage the day to day activities performed by the Certified Nursing Assistants / Care Givers working as a team.
- Administers medications and treatments according to physician orders.
- Assists clients in meeting their goals through assessment and monitoring of clients care needs and interaction with the interdisciplinary team including the physician.
- Provides education and guidance to clients and their families on disease process and management.
- Document in nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided for the resident, as well as the resident’s response to care.
- Identify the resident before administering any medication or treatment.
- Ensure adequate medical supplies are available to meet the medical needs of the patients. Report the needs to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
- Provide direction and leadership to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Receive and review nursing report at the beginning of the shift and compile nursing report at the end of the shift.
- Monitor vital signs in accordance with the resident’s treatment plan.
- Active IL Licensed Nurse (LPN or RN) license.
- Minimum of two years’ experience, at least one of which in the area of Skilled Nursing, Hospice, ER or Med Surg.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing.
- Able to lift, position, or transfer patients and supplies and equipment.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Providence Life Services offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Sick Time, Retirement Plan, and Tuition Reimbursement for those that have a school loan.