Senior Real Estate Accountant
Job Description Summary
Responsible for all phases of accounting using established accounting principles, including financial reporting for clients, projects, or business units, analysis, assistance with budgeting, and general ledger maintenance, as well as use sound technical skills and solid judgment to provide leadership within the accounting team.
Essential Job Duties:
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills – Experience with Yardi, MRI, or other real estate accounting software required, Strong MS Office Proficiency
- Perform Full Cycle Accounting to include analysis of accounts or accounting transactions. Prepare and assist with cash management, AP and AR, Accruals and reconciliations. Prioritize and maintain organization of a high-volume workload for multiple clients.
- Prepare comprehensive financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements; Includes prioritizing and maintaining high volume workload and productivity standards for multiple clients
- Research, analyze and effectively communicate complex accounting issues and escalate appropriately. Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and property management in a timely manner.
- Apply appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies, problems and recommendations to the attention of management
- Prepare and review fixed asset ledgers to ensure items are properly capitalized and depreciated based on owner requirements; Calculate and record straight-line rent based on client preferences
- Comply and assist with internal and external audits by providing appropriate documentation and information as requested
- Provide support and guidance by coaching Accountants as required by management; lead team meetings, assist with onboarding of new assignments or take a lead role on projects
- Performs other related duties as required or requested. Education/Experience/Training:
- College degree in Finance or Accounting required