Summary of Job Function: Provides clinical services to consumers within their identified program by providing individual and group therapy, assessments, treatment planning, supportive counseling, and other clinical services identified as medically necessary.
1. Provides comprehensive assessment and determines medically necessary and appropriate service needs of client within agency and program guidelines.
2. Provides treatment services following the most appropriate therapy modality, ensuring that treatment is effective, efficient, and meet the client needs and satisfaction.
3. Ensures that quality customer services are provided and recorded appropriately.
4. Meets productivity standards as set by program and agency.
5. Follows program and center guidelines for all billable activity documentation.
6. Utilizes only evidenced-based approaches and materials with consumers in individual, group, and family therapy (research-proven effective techniques and curriculums).
7. Maintains a working knowledge of Center policies and procedures, licensure regulations, CARF Standards, Medicaid and other regulatory bodies governing Presteras service delivery.
8. Provides crisis intervention services as indicated.
9. Attends all center meetings/trainings as assigned.
10. Adheres to confidentiality, HIPAA, and risk management policies and procedures including but not limited to completing Incident Reports.
11. Utilizes technology provided to perform job efficiently and effectively.
12. Completes crisis safety plans with consumers as indicated.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education, Certification/License, and/or Experience
a. Masters Degree in psychology, counseling, or social work from an accredited program.
b. Possession of a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
c. Experience in behavioral health and/or substance abuse preferred.
d. Discipline appropriate license preferred.
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required: Must possess the ability to read, write reports, perform basic math (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing), have good computer skills, and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Physical & Mental Requirements: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The job skills required for School-Based Therapist include Written Communication, HIPAA, Customer Service, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a School-Based Therapist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by School-Based Therapist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for School-Based Therapist positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a School-Based Therapist, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Personal Trainer that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary School-Based Therapist. You can explore the career advancement for a School-Based Therapist below and select your interested title to get hiring information.