TEACHER I $1,000 Sign-on Bonus (20 hrs/wk)
$500 EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS
JOB CATEGORY: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION / EARLY HEAD START / HEAD START
POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves in a classroom to provide an appropriate social and emotional environment in order to expand the child's ability to learn and grow. Provides daily supervision and evaluation of classroom staff. Works in a classroom-based setting with typically and atypically developing children. Position may be reassigned to various classrooms/centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE – EARLY HEAD START TEACHER I:
• High School Diploma / GED and a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, New Mexico Child Development Certificate (CDC), or equivalent; OR
• High School Diploma / GED and a one year certificate in Early Childhood Education upon hire; OR
• AA/AAS degree with 29 credits in Early Childhood Education and experience teaching infants/toddlers; OR
• BA/BS degree with 45 credits in Early Childhood Education and experience teaching infants/toddlers; OR
• AA/AAS, BA/BS or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Multicultural Education, Child Development.
• It is the responsibility of the employee to renew the Child Development Associate (CDA) before the expiration date, as appropriate.
• Previous experience working in early childhood with children ages birth through three years preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish or Navajo preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• Health exam (and annually thereafter in accordance with PMS Policies).
• TB Test (and upon exposure in accordance with PMS Policies).
In accordance with the federal Head Start Act, Section 648A(g) and the New Mexico Administrative Code 8.8.3., this position requires:
• Criminal Background Checks.
• All bonuses subject to tax withholding and eligibility requirements.
• Current employees are eligible for pre-approved sign-on bonuses in the following circumstances:
The job skills required for TEACHER I (Part- time) include child development, CPR, Early Childhood Education, First aid, Responsibility etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a TEACHER I (Part- time). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by TEACHER I (Part- time). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Teacher, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Teacher for your reference.