This is an exciting housekeeping position at our award-winning Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast, South Carolina. We are looking for energetic, experienced self starters. Local candidates only. Non-smoking candidates preferred.
BASIC PURPOSE: Monitor the duties performed by the section housekeepers in keeping guest rooms and public areas of the hotel clean and in serviceable condition to ensure procedures are followed, standards maintained and quality service given in a safe, secure, accident-free manner.
1. Inspect all assigned guest rooms including special clean items and equipment daily to ensure quality service. (30%)
2. Train and monitor housekeepers on their daily responsibilities to ensure house rules, safety rules, security procedures and housekeeping procedures and standards are understood and followed. (20%)
3. Update housekeeping management on the progress and status of each area of responsibility; complete required forms and reports (i.e. room status, discrepancy, late check outs, etc.) (15%)
4. Report safety hazards, theft of room items and items requiring repair to housekeeping management. (10%)
5. Teach and monitor proper handling of guest and stairwells for cleanliness – daily. (5%)
6. Inspect vending areas, storerooms and stairwells for cleanliness – daily. (5%)
7. Notify laundry of linen requirements necessary to clean the early check out rooms. (5%)
8. Respond and comply with all guest requests, issues and problems to ensure customer satisfaction. (5%)
9. Assist with daily cleaning of rooms during peak periods or in the absence of the regular housekeepers. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: None
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Experience: Six months section housekeeper experience in hotel or related service industry. Customer relation skills.
Skills and Abilities:
Must have organizational skills to maintain linen closets and carts. Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in language understood by subordinates, guests and management.
Must be able to verbally communicate problems to subordinate and direct resolution of problems. Must possess skill to follow through for positive results.
Must understand and monitor housekeeping room cleanliness standards.
Ability to teach others.
Must comprehend directions and assignments from management.
No. of employees supervised: Act as a lead worker in providing advice, counsel, training and assistance to a supervisor for 5 to 25 employees.
Travel required: None
Hours Required: Eight per shift; scheduled days and times may vary based on need and business levels
Ormond Beach, FL
The following is the career advancement route for Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Housekeeping Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector. You can explore the career advancement for a Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector below and select your interested title to get hiring information.