Willow Terrace is committed to the highest level of excellence and it shows in the quality of people we hire. If you take pride in being part of a friendly, respectful, caring, safe and collaborative environment, you belong with us.
We are dedicated to providing quality continuing care and support while respecting the dignity of all individuals regardless of their race, gender, political preference, sexual orientation, genetics, religion, natural origin or creed.
The Unit Clerk is an integral part the care team that helps change the lives of our patients and residents each day. As a Unit Clerk you are responsible for providing a full range of administrative support to the Unit Manager and unit nursing staff, such as:
· Process admission and discharge records timely and accurately ensuring all information on admission/discharge records are complete, placed in medical record holder and/or filed in compliance with facility policy/procedure.
· Check charts for completion of history and physical.
· Retrieve medical records promptly upon request by authorized individuals.
· Identify incomplete or inaccurate documentation and report to Unit Manager to notify the individuals responsible for completion.
· Complete OTD schedule for physicians, according to regulatory guidelines and facility policy.
· Schedule appointments for diagnostic tests to be performed on residents and ordered. Audit transfer/discharge information for accuracy and completeness.
· Place lab and diagnostic reports on charts after seen and initialed by physician; ensure all diagnostic reports are received and filed promptly and accurately.
· Complete weekly and monthly lab requests.
· Serve as receptionist for unit, utilize proper telephone etiquette, answer telephone promptly and communicate messages accurately. Fill in for the receptionist at the front desk when needed.
· Keep the unit nurses station and office areas well organized and reorder office supplies as needed from the office supply coordinator.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of pre-placement physical and criminal background
The job skills required for Unit Clerk include Administrative Support etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Unit Clerk. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Unit Clerk. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Unit Clerk, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Unit Clerk for your reference.