We are seeking a Director of Nursing for Azalea Health and Rehab located in Mobile, AL.
We are seeking a candidate that has:
We offer competitive salary and benefits such as PTO and health insurance.
Below is a description of what the position entails:
Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents. Ensures quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards. May be designated to assume responsibilities of daily operations of the facility in the Administrator's absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
· Assists in the preparation of annual budget for facility. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
· Schedules and performs resident / patient rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
· Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
· Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
· Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and resident population.
· Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
· Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to ensure facility can provide appropriate level of care.
· Evaluates market studies and develops clinical programs to meet the needs of the community.
· Maintains regular and ongoing communication with facility Medical Director ensuring programs and care services meet the needs of patients / residents.
· Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
· Manages all aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
· May occasionally be required to perform patient care duties.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
· Valid State licensure as an RN
· One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing preferred.
· Other certifications as required by State.
· Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Supervises ADON, Unit Managers and Licensed Nursing Staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible. Completes annual evaluations for potential merit increases for direct reports.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions for the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The job skills required for Director of Nursing include Leadership, Long Term Care, Nursing Care, Patient Care, Responsibility,and Accountability etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Nursing. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Nursing. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.