OUR MISSION Porchlight strives to address homelessness in Dane County by providing shelter, housing, supportive services, and a sense of community in ways that empower residents and program participants to positively shape their lives.
This mission to serve those struggling with homelessness can only be accomplished through the generous support of community members and the endless dedication of our staff and volunteers.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY FUNCTION
Under the direction of the Porchlight Director of Services, the Case Management Supervisor oversees the provision of case management services to residents of Porchlight housing and guests of Porchlight emergency shelter. This position provides direct supervision to housing and shelter case managers, and has primary responsibility for ensuring that residents and guests receive high-quality, individualized support services focused on housing stability.
1. Provides on-site supervision of case management staff and program. Conducts regular individual supervision meetings, and works closely with employees to identify and work toward employment goals. Provides consistent and equitable mentorship, training, support, and guidance, including providing constructive or corrective feedback on performance as needed.
2. Collaborates with the Drop-In Shelter Manager in the oversight of case management and Coordinated Entry work at the shelter. Communicates regularly regarding intake, Coordinated Entry, and case management processes and personnel.
3. Brings suspected or confirmed performance problems, incidents of misconduct, or other concerns regarding staff members to the attention of the Director of Human Resources and the Director of Services, and collaborates with these roles to determine and implement next steps.
4. Reviews and approves individual staff schedules. Promptly verifies payroll in the iSolved system, and approves all time-off requests, ensuring back-up coverage as necessary.
5. Assists in hiring for new positions, including updating job descriptions, reviewing applications, and participating in candidate interviews.
6. Works with Assistant Director of Services and HR to develop a comprehensive onboarding process for new employees. Coordinates and provides ongoing training for case management staff in best practices, including housing first, trauma-informed care, and harm reduction.
7. In coordination with the Assistant Director of Services, liaises with the Director of Housing and housing department staff to delineate duties, establish policies, and troubleshoot issues with the goal of increasing housing retention.
8. Works with case managers and Porchlight housing department staff to ensure that housing units are habitable, maintenance orders are submitted and completed, and potential capital projects are identified at Porchlight properties.
9. Communicates with ICA Coordinated Entry staff and/or Porchlight housing staff to select tenants for open units, reviews eligibility documentation, and facilitates rapid housing placement.
10. Works with the Assistant Director of Services and case management staff to collect program participant feedback, and makes recommendations for service improvements.
11. Responds to client and staff grievances, complaints, appeals, and requests in accordance with agency policy. Consults with Director of Services and/or Human Resources as appropriate.
12. Plans and facilitates regular case management staff meetings.
13. Serves on the Porchlight Management Team (M-Team) and attends monthly meetings.
14. Represents Porchlight on at least one standing committee of the Homeless Services Consortium of Dane County (HSC). Encourages case management staff participation in HSC or other community meetings as appropriate.
15. Maintains regular contact with the Director of Services to keep them informed of the status, needs, and issues of the Case Management program. Attends biweekly supervision meetings.
16. Creates and revises Case Management policies, procedures, and documents to be reviewed by the Director of Services and Assistant Director of Services. Evaluates the efficacy of existing policies and procedures.
17. Reviews the annual Case Management program budget and makes suggestions to the Director of Finance and Director of Services.
18. Regularly reviews client files and case notes, monitors data quality, and develops plans for improvement as necessary.
19. Helps prepare for and facilitate program monitoring visits (CoC, City of Madison, EHH, HUD, etc.).
20. Collaborates with other community agencies to best serve housing residents and shelter guests.
21. Responds to after-hours phone calls, resolves urgent issues as necessary.
22. Performs other duties and takes on other responsibilities as requested by Director of Services.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field desired, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
2. Experience working in a nonprofit social service agency. Supervisory experience desired.
3. Strong crisis management skills.
4. Desire to work with a diverse population of individuals with different strengths and barriers. Sincere respect for individuals experiencing or who have experienced homelessness.
5. Ability to build consensus, motivate, and obtain willing cooperation from others.
6. Team orientation with respect for others. High ethical standards.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams. Ability to adapt to new technology.
8. Driver's license, insured personal vehicle.
It is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, marital status, age, color, sex, disability/handicap, national origin or ancestry, income level or source of income, arrest record or conviction record, less than honorable discharge, gender identity, physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or student status.