Quality Control Manager
In this role, you will provide leadership by demonstrating tools, techniques, and process to establish and maintain best-in-class quality management practices to support the production of the next generation of products. Manufacturing methods include foundry, machining, powder coating, assembly, and other external processes. We require quality management for all internal processes, and purchased components used to manufacture our state of the products. Across these processes, the ideal candidate will collaborate and support the quality team to sustain and continuously improve the effectiveness of the company’s Quality Management System. This individual will report directly to the plant manager and oversee a team of Quality Engineers and technicians.
* Lead the Quality Team to sustain the plant Quality Management System and develop the QMS in new areas and for new or improved value streams.
* Serve as the liaison between the sales organization, end-use customers, manufacturing, and product engineering to resolve issues and manage claims.
* Lead the team of Quality Engineers in problem solving with Lean Six Sigma tools and projects.
* Manage activities related ISO Certifications, Recertification's, and Non-conformance reviews to ensure Chattanooga Plant’s QMS conformance to ISO 9001:2015 standards.
* Manage the internal audit function.
* Develop and execute corrective action plans.
* Support 3rd party audits, witness testing of product and QMS reviews at the Chattanooga Plant.
* Drive standard utilization, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Corrective Action Reporting, tracking, & closure.
* Assess and implement the appropriate data analysis, quality system, inspection criteria and procedures to ensure robust manufacturing processes and product conformance.
* Review and analyze product and material specifications to appropriate standards to ensure regulatory conformance of finished products.
* Interact with supply chain management and vendors to ensure the quality of all purchased parts and materials.
* Manage the Production Part Approval Process for the Chattanooga plant.
* Lead and manage problem solving to minimize off quality and scrap for all foundry and manufacturing processes.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* 5 years in Quality discipline
* 5 years in manufacturing plant(s) environment
* Strong experience & background with ISO 9001:2015 standards
* Demonstrated success of implementation of business process & change management
* Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams
* Proven track record of consistently meeting goals and objectives
* Advanced proficiency in MS office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Mini-tab
* Expertise with 3D scanning technologies and measurement systems
* Ability to support customers in the field as needed
* Lean/SixSigma Experience
* Lean SixSigma Black Belt qualification
* ASQ CQE preferred
* Ability to translate strategic direction(s) into actionable and demonstrable results
* Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
New York, NY
The job skills required for Quality Control Manager include Quality control, Quality Management, Leadership, ISO, Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Quality Control Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Quality Control Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Quality controlView Jobs
Quality ManagementView Jobs
Problem SolvingView Jobs
Continuous ImprovementView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Quality Control Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Quality Control Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Construction Inspection Services Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Quality Control Manager. You can explore the career advancement for a Quality Control Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.