This position is in the Community Workforce Development Department.Salary Grade: 41
The Program Specialist position for the Pima County Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) manages community data, and provides reports for community health and human service providers, housing, and other community and state agencies and administrators in a timely fashion. This position also trains and supports staff and community agency partners in their use of data systems to serve individuals, families, youth, and veterans at risk or experiencing homelessness in Pima County. Please note: Successful candidates offered employment with Pima County, including current employees who have applied for new positions, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their scheduled start date. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located online.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Participates in specialized support activities of a functional program or work unit in conjunction with program management staff;
Provides specialized support activities essential to the completion of program objectives;
Represents the program or work unit in meetings with county personnel and/or outside agencies;
Establishes and maintains liaison with various outside agencies, groups and concerns regarding specialized program activities;
Conducts program specific surveys to gather information or data for specialized studies, analysis or research;
Ensures program or work unit's specialized activities comply with applicable County policy and state/federal statutes and regulations;
Participates in the development of specialized program activities goals and objectives;
Researches, analyzes and reports on specialized program activities;
May lead staff and volunteers in specialized program activities;
May utilized computer graphic programs and other equipment and tools for specialized program activities.KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- practices of specialized program operations and activities;
- principles and practices of effective leadership.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in management, public or business administration or a field closely related to the program area, as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment. (Relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
- developing specialized program activities goals and objectives;
- explaining and demonstrating program activities and requirements to the public;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- leadership and training staff and volunteers.
(2) Three years with Pima County in a paraprofessional or professional administrative classification.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
Selection Procedure: Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process. Licenses and Certificates
- Minimum one (1) year experience with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) database, HMIS workflows and/or comparable human databases/systems.
- Knowledge/experience of HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs, including Coordinated Entry, as well as other federal, state and local CoC funded programs and regulations.
- Experience facilitating public/community meetings and/or trainings.
- Minimum two (2) years Excel experience.
- AZ Level 1 Finger Print Clearance Card.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County. Physical/Sensory Requirements
: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position. Successful candidates offered employment with Pima County, including current employees who have applied for new positions, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their scheduled start date. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located online.