Pilot has significant traction with startups and technology companies. We deeply understand these customers and have built a product that startups know and love. These companies largely come to us through referrals from existing customers, and word-of-mouth.
However, there are still lots of startup companies out in the world that are not aware that we exist, and we’d like to do a better job reaching them. In particular, we’d like to reach them by nurturing stronger relationships with law firms, banks, venture capital firms, and other service providers who serve our same client base.
As the Partner Development Manager, your responsibility is to build relationships with key ecosystem partners and execute on this strategy. This role reports directly to our Head of Partner Development who is a very active participant in building relationships and leveraging the tech/startup ecosystem network.
- At the highest level, the objective is simple: get service providers to refer more prospective customers to Pilot. This will involve:
- Sourcing & securing new partnership relationships for Pilot
- Nurturing relationships with various service providers
- Rigorously and quantitatively tracking the metrics around our partner relationships
- Inbound & outbound referrals and other high value relationship building activities
- Working with our operations team to make sure we surface referrals to partners, when it makes sense
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing and the GTM teams to execute on key initiatives in various tech markets along the West Coast (or East Coast if published for the NY-based rep)
- This includes developing customized partnership collateral, planning partner events, and promoting events/webinars across various partner networks.
- You’re a business development professional who enjoys meeting with and engaging with partners in the startup/tech ecosystem.
- You’re a builder—you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to make this referral motion work.
- Have an existing deep network of relationships with law firms, banks, VC funds, etc.
- Extremely results-oriented and are excited to have clear metrics goals
- Deeply experienced in finding partners and yielding real revenue results from them
- A community builder who can host events, network, moderate and be useful to people in a non-salesy way
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.