As a founding member of Pilot's growth team, you'll dramatically accelerate P i lot's revenue trajectory by systematically running a series of data-driven growth experiments targeted at getting Pilot in front of folks that should be our customers.
We eyeroll a bit at the term "growth hacker," but we strongly believe that there's a lot of interesting work to be done that doesn't fall into the traditional B2B marketing playbook-interesting work that's uniquely enabled by a non-traditional data-driven, creative approach to the problem. And the scorecard is super-clear: ROI.
If you like puzzles, like to move fast, and like ownership, you'll love this role.
We move quickly and are prepared to deploy significant resources to fuel things that are working: t his is a big, blank canvas opportunity, backed by an A team at a fintech startup with top - tier investors. Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with Pilot's CEO and marketing team to brainstorm and execute on new, out-of-the-box experiments that directly drive revenue and customer adoption
- Use your technical and analytical abilities to scalably do things that are either impossible or impractical for the average marketer
- Start, optimize, repeat:
- Form a hypothesis about how we might get in front of people who should be Pilot customers
- Try it out, see if it works
- If it does, scale it up until you hit the point of diminishing returns
- If it doesn't, shut it down
- Come up with the next hypothesis
- You don't have to have prior growth experience like this-we've always been a big believer in betting on slope rather than y-intercept, but we want to see either:
- 3 years of growth marketing experience, or
- 5 years of software engineering experience at high-growth startups
- Definite bonus points if you've been a founder
- You're a hacker and a product thinker
- You love solving puzzles, iterating, and optimizing
- You're curious, creative, and extremely self-directed
- You're fluent in Python and SQL
- You're competitive and want to win
- Nice-to-haves but not required:
- SEO/SEM experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- The real requirement here is that you're a smart, data-driven, methodical, experiment-oriented person who is going to scrappily try a bunch of new things-and if you're that type of person, we're sure you can pick up whatever you need to know to interface with any of our existing systems and tools effectively
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion - Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn . Why Pilot?
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $133k - $179k in San Francisco, CA. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.