Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don't have to. We already work with 1700 customers in the tech startup and e-commerce spaces and are expanding rapidly, enabling us to grow our sales team.
As a n Account Executive on the Technology team , you'll join a group of high-performing and motivated salespeople focused on solution sales. You'll work closely with stakeholders across the business to create tailored solutions for our most strategic prospects.
We are seeking individuals who have demonstrated success in startup sales in SaaS or services-focused companies. You bring a consultative approach to every prospect interaction and y ou can solve complex problems with multi-product proposals. Key responsibilities
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals by closing new business
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective customers
- Present and demonstrat e the value of Pilot's products and services to prospective buyer s on both inbound and outbound sales efforts
- Understand and own the information regarding Pilot's numerous financial service offerings
- Work cross-functionally with our solutions, marketing, product, and finance teams- echoing the voice of the customer and providing constructive and actionable feedback to the team
- Work collaboratively to build and iterate day-to-day processes within the role
- Located in San Francisco Bay Area and able to be in office 2x per week
- 2 years of A ccount E xecutive sales experience ( ideally fintech, or financial services) in a closing role )
- Proven track record of success, creating pipeline, quota attainment, and over - achievement
- Highly organized and detailed with an eye towards process
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion - Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn . Why Pilot?
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The on-target earnings (OTE) range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $127k - $183k for San Francisco, CA (base pay is 50% of OTE). Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.