Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
- Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness.
- Promote the guest experience journey and a culture that consistently delivers the Petco guest brand experience.
- Through the lens of our Petco Co-Values, the Guest Experience Leader will be the catalyst, champion, and role model for all relationship building touch points with Petco guests.
- Mentor all store partners in the delivery of GUEST engagements to support and drive guest experiences and create Petco Promoters.
- Ensure the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals.
- The Guest Advisor may be a ‘key holder’ and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Adhere to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Act as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all Petco guests and their pets, by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services.
- Maintain knowledge of pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Hold job related knowledge and express a passion about animal welfare and display integrity in the work area.
- Become familiay with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Respond to inquiries politely and professionally regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Inform guests of upcoming adoption events and explain our Think Adoption First philosophy.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise of all Partners in order to reference them as a resource as needed, to deliver an optimal the guest experience.
- Maintain familiarity with current store promotions and special services.
- Maintain currency of seasonal training activities, such as flea and tick periods, pet summer safety, holiday promotions, etc. when applicable.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing GUEST engagements
- Ensure Petco operational standards are maintained throughout the store.
- Ensure that the store is opened and / or closed as a ‘key holder’ in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- As required, assists with evaluating staffing levels on scheduled shifts to determine and ensure appropriate staffing.
- As required provides functional guidance to store partners, to include assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through.
- On a limited basis may be required to advise the leadership team of any pertinent issues.
- As needed and while performing as a Leader on Duty will all partners.
- Provide guidance and training as needed.
- Provide input to performance evaluations for all partners as required.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
The job skills required for Shift Supervisor include Customer Service, Responsibility, Teamwork, Integrity, Promotion etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Shift Supervisor. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Shift Supervisor. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.