Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
- Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness.
- The Guest Advisor may be a ‘key holder’ and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Act as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
- Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the work area.
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periods of time.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an associate leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. The large majority of this associate’s time will be spent in direct contact with our customers.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
The job skills required for Shift Manager include Customer Service, Responsibility, Teamwork, Promotion, Integrity etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Shift Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Shift Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.