Create a healthier, brighter future for pets, pet parents and people!
If you want to make a real difference, create an exciting career path, feel welcome to be your whole self and nurture your wellbeing, Petco is the place for you.
Our core values capture that spirit as we work to improve lives by doing what's right for pets, people and our planet.
- We love all pets like our own
- We're the future of the pet industry
- We're here to improve lives
- We drive outstanding results together
- We're welcome as we are
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and Petco partners. We are 29,000 strong, working together across 1,500 pet care centers, 250 Vetco Total Care hospitals, hundreds of preventive care clinics, eight distribution centers and two support centers.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for driving sales and for the overall effective operations within the area of aquatics, reptile, bird and small companion animals.
- Responsible for the welfare of all live animals and merchandise within the department.
- Responsible for the achievement of the Companion Animal department's budgeted sales goals, gross margin, animal and merchandise shrink targets, managing inventory levels, supply cost, reported budgeted expense rates and budgeted contribution.
- Ensure the health, proper handling and welfare of all animals are met according to P&Ps, including completion of hourly animal check list and wellness cards. Follow Vet Protocol for all sick animals.
- Directly supervises the Aquatics Specialist(s), leads and coaches all store partners in providing great guest service and in performing their assigned tasks with the objective of achieving budgeted sales.
- Ensure all supply back stock is worked daily and all other department back stock a minimum of 3x per week.
- Responsible for proper ordering of live animals to maximize sales, margin and inventory. Analyze inventory management data for the department and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department.
- Provide training and coaching in GUEST and product knowledge to partners daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis. Ensure a friendly and courteous atmosphere by all partners in the department.
- Achieve minimum presentation standards at all times in aquatics.
- In partnership with the SL/GEL ensure proper scheduling is being maintained in the department to ensure in-stock goals and guest service during peak hours.
- Partner with the Inventory Leader to ensure in-stock levels. Goals are achieved by reporting max changes or requested overrides are achieving I.M. grade.
- Effectively organize and price all clearance merchandise for the department.
- Assist the SL/GEL in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales.
- Communicate all situations and/or conditions to the SL/GEL that affect the store (e.g. guest complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels, etc.).
- Ensure the proper handling and documentation for all Adoption Animals.
- Ensure the completion of all Planograms, Cut Ins and Reworks.
- Perform duties and assume responsibility as Leader on Duty (LOD) as needed.
- Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
LOD Key Accountabilities:
- Provide quick and courteous service to all guests by utilizing the GUEST Model throughout the store.
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained throughout the store.
- Ensure that the store is opened and / or closed in accordance with established P&Ps.
- Provide training and coaching in GUEST and product knowledge to store partners.
- In partnership with the Store Leader and/or Guest Experience Leader ensure proper store scheduling is being maintained to ensure guest service during peak hours.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
- Assist the Guest Experience Leader and/or Store Leader in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales.
- Directly supervise all Aquatics partners.
- Provide guidance and training to partners.
- Complete performance evaluations for partners.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an associate leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. The large majority of this associate's time will be spent in direct contact with our customers.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To translate this webpage to Spanish or other languages on your internet browser click the translate button to the right of your browser address bar. Additional instruction can be found here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
Para traducir esta página web al español u otros idiomas en su navegador de Internet, haga clic en el botón de traducción a la derecha de la barra de direcciones de su navegador. Puede encontrar instrucciones adicionales aquí: