You haven't searched anything yet.
Create a healthier, brighter future for pets, pet parents and people!
If you want to make a real difference, create an exciting career path, feel welcome to be your whole self and nurture your wellbeing, Petco is the place for you.
Our core values capture that spirit as we work to improve lives by doing what’s right for pets, people and our planet.
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and Petco partners. We are 29,000 strong, working together across 1,500 pet care centers, 250 Vetco Total Care hospitals, hundreds of preventive care clinics, eight distribution centers and two support centers.
The Selling Experience Leader (SEL) is the key driver for the guest experience and leading a selling culture in the store. Through the lens of Petco’s vision of “Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.” The SEL is the champion and role model for all relationship building touch points with Petco guests. The SEL will mentor all store partners in the culture of selling and engagement to support and drive the customer experience. The SEL assists the General Manager in developing and managing a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth while maintaining a focus on the welfare, health, and proper care of all animals; as well as assists in managing all aspects of the store’s business in accordance with Petco operational standards and safety procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for successfully implementing a guest centric culture in the store by leading in the following areas, as well as all other projects/duties as assigned.
- Provide an outstanding guest experience with each interaction.
- Utilize a deep understanding of business acumen to measure, analyze and diagnose business trends and to also utilize critical thinking skills to effectively implement business improvement plans.
- Lead store execution, training, communication and maintenance of company initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, safety practices, and promotions.
- Responsible for driving the implementation and execution of customer-centric programs such as seasonal promotions and sales to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Train, coach, and develop department level leaders and store partners in all areas and functions required to run the store efficiently and to Petco standards, including the effective rollout selling models.
- Leads a “never out of stock” culture with store partners to ensure exceptional customer experience for all Omni-channel initiatives (examples include, but are not limited to: BOPUS, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery).
- Ensure the weekly schedule is written effectively to maximize operational and selling floor coverage.
- Manage and coach dog training partners in delivering a consistent services customer experience aligned with our Petco Brand Standards and Customer Promise.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork by working alongside the leadership team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Demonstrate and support a continuous improvement and growth mindset.
- Demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in all kinds of animals.
- Perform other duties as assigned and assume responsibility as Leader on Duty to drive selling engagement. Nature of Supervision: General instruction is provided by the General Manager on some, but not all tasks to be performed.
- The Selling Experience Leader is directly responsible for the Guest Services and Dog Training roles in the store.
- Partner with the GM to attract, hire, and retain top talent; participate in new partner and leader interviews and selection.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank deposits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of travel will be required.
This position has continuous contact with the general public at the store and at store-related events, and regular contact and exchange of information with other departments in the field, Distribution Centers, and at the Support Centers. Contact outside of PETCO may be required in order to coordinate merchandise returns, ordering parts, store repairs, coordination of vaccination clinics, store events, vendor meetings, etc.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
25 - 50
$5M - $10M
The job skills required for Assistant Store Manager include Customer Service, Leadership, Initiative, Guest Service, Futures, Teamwork, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Assistant Store Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Assistant Store Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Assistant Store Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Assistant Store Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Grocery Store Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Assistant Store Manager. You can explore the career advancement for an Assistant Store Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Store Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Assistant Store Manager for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Assistant Store Manager job description and responsibilities
To assist the Store Manager / Operations Manager to drive sales by managing the smooth functioning of the store and control the store team to ensure all work / policies & procedures are carried out within the remit of ‘Store daily operations’ (sales; merc
01/07/2022: Kansas City, KS
At least 10 years to become a store manager and a college degree.
12/20/2021: Flagstaff, AZ
They will often act as the primary store manager and carry out the responsibilities of the store manager when they are not available.
01/19/2022: Roanoke, VA
Assistant store managers (ASMs) are responsible for providing customers with a convenient and enjoyable shopping experience.
12/10/2021: Abilene, TX
Hiring, a lot of the paperwork and reporting, coaching and counseling, scheduling, depending on the store.
12/18/2021: Stamford, CT
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Assistant Store Manager jobs
Ability to connect with the customer.
01/04/2022: Springfield, MA
Embrace Battles for more rewards.
12/30/2021: Boston, MA
Listen, understand and take action.
12/21/2021: Philadelphia, PA
Make checklists and to-do lists.
02/14/2022: Pascagoula, MS
Communicate as efficiently as possible.
01/27/2022: Tacoma, WA
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Assistant Store Manager.