Peraton is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Herndon, VA with some remote work possible. The qualified applicant will become part of Peraton's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative will modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework to better support the services provided to CA’s customers. This role will support the project Security SME in guiding the security direction on the program.
Day to Day Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with architecture and software development teams to document security control implementation in accordance and compliance with NIST 800-53 rev 4 control requirements
- Work with technical teams to understand the implementation and how the implementation matches to the identified security control.
- Ensure compliance with all systems security requirements and updates, providing guidance and instruction as necessary to personnel and development teams
- Ensure Configuration Management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware is documented and maintained
- Support ATO/certification and accreditation activities ensuring that system security requirements are met
- Support and track resolving Vulnerability Alerts and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Track status of all system ATOs and recertification efforts
- Work with team to initiate protective and corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered
- Maintain relationships with customer security counterparts
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 8-10 years’ experience; or Master's Degree and 6-8 years' experience OR four (4) years of additional relevant experience in lieu of Degree
- Experience in Stage 3 of the RMF process writing security controls implementation statements for systems in development to deliver for evaluation and testing to the RMF4 team in support of ATO per NIST 800-53 rev4 control set
- Experience working with in Agile/Scrum
- Experience supporting the Accreditation and Certification process and obtaining an Approval To Operate (ATO) in accordance with the U.S Federal Information Systems Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience in the NIST Framework and ISO Standards
- Experience in tracking and resolving Vulnerability Alerts and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Experience developing artifacts for the System Security Plan (SSP)
- Experience working on multiple concurrent activities such as simultaneous ATOs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with multiple teams both internal and external and client interaction
- U.S. Citizenship required; must have a Current, Interim Secret (or higher) clearance.
- Experience with security controls and ATO process for cloud-based environments including deploying solutions on public/hybrid clouds
- Familiarity with DevSecOps, SDLC, CI/CD pipelines, and related Agile processes
- Familiarity with any of the following: Jenkins, Docker, or other CD integration tools, and Fortify, CaST, or other SAST\DAST testing tools
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $78,600 Colorado Salary Maximum: $190,700 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.