Peraton is seeking a Network Engineer to support our Department of Defense (DoD) / Intelligence Community (IC) customers as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders. Join us and be part of the next generation of innovators as we blaze a trail forward for our profession and company.
What you'll do:
- Provides first line of communication for issue notification for tenants on board the infrastructure
- Support shift work to allow for complete 24 x 7 monitoring of the systems
- Coordinate with tenant to fully understand incident reported including documenting incident details in ticketing tool, assign as appropriate, and track through completion
- Use state-of-the-art monitoring tools to gather insight and act upon results
- Maintain the uptime of a multi-tenant, multi-service infrastructure system
- Conduct hands-on, first level system and network support and problem resolution identification
- Monitoring daily software and network operations in a distributed environment (ConMon)
- Conduct system administrative actions to include user account password resets and unlock accounts upon request
- Power Data Center peripherals on/off (as instructed by Tier 2 or Tier 3)
- Responsible for development and maintenance of operational procedures, tasks and processes related to level 1 operations and maintenance of the system
- If available, provide support to Data Center engineering personnel on touch maintenance to include hardware replacement, maintenance and other tasks following installation guides
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Technology or Advanced Military Training and 5 years of experience; OR Masters degree and 3 years of experience. However, equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Must possess a current CompTIA Security , CASP or CISP certification
- Computing Environment Certification (e.g. Linux , RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA)
- Must be willing to work in a 24x7 environment
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with distributed computing technologies
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack, Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare), Docker Containers, Ansible, and Heat templates
- Experience with front end processing and network gateway appliances and /or software
- Background in supporting software and/or network operations with a clear understanding of networking fundamentals
- You are able to effectively communicate both with customers and technical staff
- Experience working in a customer environment and/or a classified environment
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $57,500 Salary Mid: $115,000 Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
Perspecta is an IT service firm that provides data analytics, applied research, cybersecurity and related services for the healthcare industry.
2 Days Ago