Peraton is seeking to fill a critical role for a full-time background investigator for our Risk Decision Group (RDG) at the McAllen, TX office. Applicants must reside within 20 miles from the city center of McAllen.
What you’ll do:
The Investigator will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information
- The predominant casework is in support of the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). Casework for other contracts will be assigned based on investigator performance and business need
- Investigators will conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject and their neighbors, employers, friends, and family
- Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational and financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities
- Investigators report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on an issued government computer system
- Candidates with experience conducting DCSA/NBIB or other federal background investigations preferred; if there are no applicants with DCSA/NBIB experience, candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a bachelor’s degree may be considered
- Active federal security clearance with an SSBI is preferred; otherwise candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable decision on a DCSA investigation, to include 10 years of history comprising items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- U.S. citizenship
- Must reside within the stated mileage requirement
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required. May use public transportation if available and practical. Driving is an essential function of the job and Motor Vehicle Records may be checked as part of the hiring process or at any time during employment. Candidates with poor driving history will not be considered
- Required to carry sufficient motor vehicle insurance, specifics of which may change from time to time
- Intermediate typing (40 WPM recommended) and computer skills
- Must be able to lift and move up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to speak for extended periods of time and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone; record, read and transcribe words and numbers with a high degree of accuracy
- Perform in a manner that prevents errors and omissions, maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus sufficiently to complete computer work
- Must be able to write for long periods of time, meet expectations for attendance and punctuality, able to pay attention to details able to concentrate; interact professionally with other persons, cooperatively and productively
- Maintain high level of confidentiality ethics and integrity
- Travel required locally and outside of primary work area
- Local travel consists of approximately 15-20% of work week
- Temporary Duty Assignments opportunities several times per year ranging from 14 – 30 days
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals and personalities professionally and effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and prioritization skills
- Proficient writing and communication skills
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to professional development resources, we are there to support you all the way.
We are hiring nationwide – please visit this job for more information, and if you are interested, please apply here: Experienced investigators (full time employee) - Nationwide
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.