Founded in 1987, Penn-Florida Companies is a respected owner and full-service developer of luxury, high-profile real estate. With its headquarters located in Boca Raton, Penn-Florida specializes in creating ultra-luxury, one-of-a-kind residential and commercial projects throughout the state.
Penn-Florida Companies is seeking to hire an experienced Paralegal. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leader in the real estate industry in a challenging position.
This fast-paced, collaborative role will be responsible for assisting our General Counsel by providing clerical and research support including document preparation and review.
This role is ideal for an entrepreneurial self-starter, who is able to work independently with limited supervision.
Penn-Florida is pleased to offer competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, comprehensive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vison, short term disability, life insurance, and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Drafts legal documents
· Heavy word processing, requiring legal redlining
· Prepares leases contract, amendments, and related work
· Assists General Counsel to effectively produce large volumes of legal documents and forms
· Opens files, keeps calendars and organizes tasks
· Keeps track of open issues and of legal department hours for billing back to PF Properties
· Creates lease work files and tracks documentation
· Prepares lease documents – calculation form, broker, and business checks
· Develops and maintains records
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Understanding of legal language, principles, and research methods
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to work independently
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience, must have general knowledge in the Real Estate industry
· Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or equivalent experience
· Paralegal certificate required
The job skills required for Paralegal include Microsoft Office, Legal documents, Attention to Detail, Written Communication, Customer Service,and Time Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Paralegal. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Paralegal. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Paralegal, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Paralegal for your reference.