The Marketing Coordinator provides general marketing support for corporate marketing initiatives and business development activities. This role assists in proposal preparation and coordination, marketing research, developing marketing materials and qualification packages, maintaining project and technical staff resume data, assisting with digital marketing initiatives, CRM development and maintenance, publishing and graphic design, trade show and event coordination, and other clerical and administrative tasks for all marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with projects teams and leads the production of proposals, statements of qualifications, and related marketing materials, such as presentation materials and brochures with oversight from the Marketing Manager.
- Leads the development and maintenance of technical staff’s resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, and other branded material.
- Updates and maintains templates for proposals, qualifications packages, resumes and PowerPoint presentations
- Plans and coordinates marketing and business development activities, including conferences, tradeshows, and mixers.
- Collaborates on social media with Proposal Coordinator, different offices, and teams. Leads the graphic production and writing of all social media posts with oversight from the Marketing Manager.
- Assists with digital external newsletters and website updates.
- Assists with employee engagement activities.
- Assists with award submissions.
- Assists with marketing and business development planning efforts.
- Assists with SWAG inventory and ordering.
- Supports the business development efforts of the organization.
- Maintains social media sites, company website information, and other digital media in collaboration with Marketing team.
- Coordinates services of specialized consultants and vendors (photographers, publishers, printers, website designer, etc.).
- Researches target markets, competition, potential clients, and client satisfaction.
- Stays actively involved in professional and community organizations.
- Maintains industry knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing related publications; establishing networks.
- Assists with development and implementation of a corporate CRM platform.
- Assists in acquiring corporate and individual licensure in new states.
- Drafts monthly, quarterly and yearly analytics reports.
- Assists in the development of annual content marketing calendar.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications, or other related discipline or associate’s degree and related experience.
- Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) Certified Professional Services Marketer Certification (CPSM) preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of marketing experience in the A|E|C industry preferred.
- Knowledge in marketing, branding, and business development strategy.
- Experienced in preparing proposals under tight timelines and collaborating with technical staff.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining project information sheets and technical staff resumes.
- Experienced in developing marketing promotional materials for print or digital publication, internal and external.
- Experienced in planning and coordinating events, both internal and external.
- Experienced in performing marketing research, primary and secondary.
- Experience using digital platforms, such as WordPress, LinkedIn, Facebook, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey and YouTube.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Communication proficiency - Demonstrates professional verbal, technical and creative writing skills.
- Technical capacity- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft products. (Adobe Photoshop CS, Adobe IllustratorCS, Adobe InDesign CS, etc.).
- Collaborations skills - Ability to effectively work on a team, develop ideas and team consensus, accept, learn, acquire critical information from internal and external resources, and adapt to opposing viewpoints.
- Responsive - Demonstrates sound prioritization and applies appropriate sense of urgency.
- Positive - Cooperative with others on the job and displaying a good-natured and positive attitude.
- Quality – Focused attention to detail and proofreading.
- Proficient in time management.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Problem solving- persistently completes assigned tasks efficiently and exercises sound business judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Requires the ability to occasionally work in the evening/night. Hybrid option is available based on experience and skill level.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.