$8,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
Riverwood Health and Rehabilitation located in Starke, FL is seeking a compassionate, caring, and motivated Registered Nurse to serve in the capacity of wound management.
The primary purpose of your position is to make comprehensive wound assessments and create plan of care including goals, implementation of treatment, evaluation, and outcomes for residents throughout the Facility. Further, the position will provide residents, family and staff education regarding wound management, prevention of pressure ulcers, fistulas, and ostomies, support surfaces, dressing selections and other therapies. Additionally, the position will provide general direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by CNAs/GNAs and other nursing personnel. To monitor the performance of CNAs/GNAs, nursing and non-licensed personnel, provide education and counseling, perform disciplinary action as necessary, and complete performance evaluations. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our Facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Demonstrates knowledge and skill to develop and implement policies and procedures to manage residents with draining wounds, fistulae and/or tubes, wound prevention, wound care, ostomy care, and incontinence.
· Able to interpret data about residents’ status to identify each residents’ age specific needs and provide care needed by the resident group.
· Provides education to all residents undergoing surgery that result in an ostomy. Provides pre- and post-op assessments and resident and family education.
· Integrates research findings to clinical practice.
· Direct the day-to-day functions of the CNAs/GNAs or other nursing personnel in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care Facility.
· Ensure that all assigned nursing personnel including CNAs/GNAs comply with the written policies and procedures established by this Facility.
· Periodically review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions.
· Provide discipline and evaluations of assigned CNAs/GNAs and other nursing personnel in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the Facility.
· Issue verbal and written disciplinary warnings to assigned CNAs/GNAs and other nursing personnel for violations of current rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Facility.
· Meet with your assigned nursing personnel, including CNAs/GNAs, as well as support personnel, in planning the shifts’ services, programs, and activities.
· Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in the Facility.
· Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
· Make written and oral reports or recommendations concerning the activities of your shift, as required.
· Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident’s total regimen of care is maintained.
· Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with their respective job descriptions.
· Participate in the maintenance and implementation of the Facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
· Participate in Facility surveys or inspections made by authorized government agencies, as may be requested.
· Periodically review the resident’s written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge plan, as required.
· Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the resident’s discharge plan, as necessary.
· Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies, as required.
· Admit, transfer, and discharge residents, as required.
· Complete accident and incident reports, as necessary.
· Write resident charge slips and forward to the Business Office.
· Must possess, at a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a medical or surgical, rehabilitation nursing setting. Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse (CWOCN) or Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) required.
· Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in the State of Florida
Depending upon your job classification you may be eligible for participation in our comprehensive benefits program.
Health, dental, vision and life insurance. Your well-being is important, and we value it.
Paid time off. Because as much as you love your job, we want you to also love having time to be you.
A 401K retirement plan. You're our company's future; let us help you take care of yours.
Continuing education credits. Life, learning, and education are our top priorities.
The best people, the best communities, the best services for the best reason: Serving our patients. That means making sure we have the best team available who believe that taking care of our staff is just as important to us as taking care of our patients.