Job Location: Paradigm at Woodwind Lakes - Houston, TX
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Calling on compassionate, focused, and driven Restorative Aides! Come join us at Woodwind Lakes where you are celebrated and supported each day!
Director of Nursing
In keeping with our organization’s goals, the primary purpose of the Restorative Aide is to deliver quality daily routine nursing care to resident’s requiring short-term, skilled, and long-term nursing care, as directed by the supervisor.
- Provide direct nursing care to residents requiring rehabilitative or restorative care as directed by a supervising nurse, in accordance with federal and state regulations as well as facility policies and procedures
- Promptly report any observations and pertinent information regarding resident care and/or condition to the nursing supervisor.
- Document observations and care delivered to residents daily, per standards of practice and facility policy and procedures.
- Have knowledge of and utilize of the facility’s written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Utilize established methods for coordination and communication of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner in compliance with facility policies.
- Provide care in a manner that is courteous and respects the residents’ dignity and privacy
- Provide complaint/grievance reports to the Administrator as required or as may be necessary
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures governing accidents and incidents
- Report known or suspected incidents of fraud, abuse, neglect, and/or misappropriation to the Administrator
- Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screensaver activates within established facility policy guidelines
- Refrain from disclosing assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator
- Refrain from disclosing resident protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system
- Communicate and interact effectively with residents, visitors, families, staff, and supervisors
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed
- Report all resident, staff, or other concerns to the appropriate department head
- Report all incidents, accidents, unsafe situations, and concerns immediately
- Maintain knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations relating to responsibilities
- Ensure that responsibilities are performed consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations as well as facility policies and procedures Supervisory Responsibility There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active certification to practice as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State
- 2 years’ experience in Long-Term Care experience preferred.
- Minimum six (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership, organizational skills, and maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational skills, and ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Display attention to detail
- Interact with residents, families, and the community in a professional manner
- Ability to engage in active listening (giving full attention to those speaking), critical thinking (using logic and reasoning to identify strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions), and active learning (understanding implications of new information during problem-solving situations)
- Exceptional judgment and active foresight
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is within a healthcare facility that operates every day. There will be scheduled times of work on the weekends and holidays. Significant events can occur at any given time that require working. Ongoing direction and support may be necessary if systems are not properly implemented, continuously improved, and monitored
Paradigm Healthcare was founded on the belief that by empowering each other, we can achieve more and provide better care to every patient we serve. We believe in taking a fundamental and basic human approach to our business, keeping it simple, real and to the point. We believe that by building an empowered team, who knows the value they hold, we can provide an unparalleled level of care to the residents who count on us.
The job skills required for RESTORATIVE AIDE include Nursing Care, nursing practice, Coordination, Long Term Care, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a RESTORATIVE AIDE.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by RESTORATIVE AIDE.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of nursing practice
For the skill of Coordination
The following is the career advancement route for RESTORATIVE AIDE positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a RESTORATIVE AIDE,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Nurse Manager - Long-Term Care that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
RESTORATIVE AIDE. You can explore the career advancement for a RESTORATIVE AIDE below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Restorative Aide, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Restorative Aide for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Restorative Aide job description and responsibilities
Restorative Aides work with everything from rehabilitation after surgery to strokes and clients are not limited to the elderly or residents of long term care facilities.
03/22/2022: El Paso, TX
Restorative Aides assist with therapy activities and are responsible for documenting their clients’ progress.
03/07/2022: Nashville, TN
Restorative aides work as part of medical and therapy teams and are responsible for assisting with day-to-day exercises and program tasks.
01/15/2022: Buffalo, NY
Restorative aides also help with the development and maintenance of personal skills such as eating, bathing, dressing and grooming.
02/23/2022: Newport News, VA
Perform restorative and therapy tasks on patients as delegated.
03/19/2022: Dothan, AL
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
View the best colleges and universities for Restorative Aide.
High Point University