Pantheon—a fast growing, Web technology firm located in Arlington, VA—is in the market for an exceptional technical business analyst. For us, this means someone who:
- Dislikes projects where box checking and order taking are the norm. Our projects demand—and our clients expect—business analysts who are curious, intelligent, and able to serve as a client partner instead of just another vendor. If this describes you, tell us how and give us examples of how you’ve helped a client (internal or external) use technology to operationalize their mission instead of just doing what you were told.
- Believes that Agile is a mindset, not a methodology. We’re interested in your ability to adapt a process or an approach to the unique needs of a client or project
- Can serve as the Rosetta Stone between developers and clients. Pantheon’s business analysts are expected to write clear, succinct, and detailed requirements documents that provide our development team with the context and specifications they need to build a great application, while providing our clients with understandable project documentation they can approve.
Desired Skills and Experience
The following skills are required:
- Understand all aspects of developing technical requirements for a software project including logic, user experience, data, and documentation.
- A broad knowledge of web technologies, how they are used, and what lies ahead
- Ability to elicit requirements either through conducting discovery sessions with stakeholders, or via reviewing existing documentation.
- Ability to create concise, plain language documentation of requirements to be understood by both technical and business stakeholders
- Custom application development experience
- Proficiency with Office 365
- Worked with Jira for task and requirements management
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 5-8 years of experience, with at least 3 years of business analysis or software consulting experience
The following skill is a plus:
- Graduate degree in business or technology
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead interaction with multiple clients to shape and develop software business goals, requirements, design, and specifications.
- Analyze technical issues and blocking factors to document requirements.
- Document and convey client requirements and context to engineering staff
- Participate/run Scrum ceremonies such as Backlog grooming, Sprint planning, and Sprint retrospectives
- Develop and manage project backlog.
- Develop business process models and documentation.
- Effectively communicate and document business and IT information in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- Balance technology and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technology and business experts.
- Develop, define, and build technology based business cases that will enable business and technology change.
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflow.
- Facilitate demos and group meetings such as Workshops.
Pantheon is a software company comprised of thoughtful, intelligent, and creative software developers, business analysts, and designers. We solve problems by building great software. We are always on the lookout for good smart people, so if you are a rock star, we want to talk to you.
We work hard, but we also have fun doing it. We regularly have team events such as lunches, team outings, trivia time, and more.
If you consider yourself an artist who can build and operate meaningful software, we want you on our team. Let’s talk.