PagerDuty is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). This person will manage correspondence (email, phone, mail) which is often of a confidential nature, prepare research, and act as the "gatekeeper;" as well as handle more complicated special projects such as event management for monthly executive meetings, quarterly board meetings, annual leadership kick off, coordination of internal and external meetings and complex travel logistics. In keeping with these duties, this person will be required to develop an acute understanding of the CMO’s work style and requirements, and to utilize this understanding to decide which scheduled events, meetings, and requests are most appropriate for allocation of the CMO’s time. This person must proactively handle administrative tasks with minimal disruption to the Executive, to actively listen and resolve problems, and to anticipate and meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. In summary, this person is expected to conform to the highest standards of performance, dependability, and professionalism.
- Manage the schedule so that the CMO’s time is allocated accordingly to the highest priorities and partner with necessary members to assess priorities.
- Gather briefings, presentations, materials and appropriate information to prepare the CMO for internal and external meetings; follow a protocol for briefings and follow-up on action items until complete.
- Serve as the primary point person managing the CMO’s complex and ever-changing schedule.
- Remain aware of current priorities and long-term goals to coordinate the calendar in the most effective and productive manner.
- Attend and manage weekly staff meetings, capture action items, and assist with calendar integration.
- Review, prioritize and triage the CMO’s emails. Flag the most important items and respond as appropriate. Track outstanding items and emails until complete.
- Receive and handle inquiries and requests in a timely manner; determine the urgency of the response and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Communicate daily with CoS on upcoming events to maximize efficiency.
- Act as an ambassador to the Office of the CMO.
- Interact with all functions and levels of leadership and employees
- Be prepared with an informed perspective and recommendation in order to serve as a partner to the CMO.
- Arrange all logistics for the CMO’s travel; both commercial and private charters.
- Optimize travel based on airports, meeting locations, hotels, etc.
- Experience managing complex travel logistics.
- Manage executive team virtual and in person meetings and off-sites.
- Manage Board of Directors and Committee Meetings; including virtual meetings, and in-person off-sites and meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Seasoned EA with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Superior organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to create repeatable processes and scalable systems.
- Develops strong relationships and works collaboratively at all levels inside and outside of the organization; strong interpersonal skills to quickly build rapport with internal and external partners.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and researching skills.
- Must have excellent judgment and be able to anticipate issues and identify resolutions in a timely manner.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Professional demeanor and representation of the CMO - must act to the highest professional standard, be presentable and calm in all circumstances.
- Principled and ethical; having the utmost integrity and a positive example for others to emulate.
- Tech-savvy; advanced knowledge in G Suite (Google Docs, Slides, Calendar), Slack, as well as Excel/Sheets, audio and video meeting technology.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7( ) years of Executive support; with direct Senior/Executive Leadership.
- Experience leading other administrative professionals is a plus.
- Experience cultivating a strong culture amongst an administrative community.