The PBG project engineer assists with overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The project engineer responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering areas such as: Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, maintain and administer project documentation such as subcontracts, requests for information, submittals, etc.
- May create and update the Master project schedule and review look-ahead schedules created by the superintendents.
- Manage and support the field supervisors and field activities. Assist with completion of the permitting process as required for each specific project along with confirming compliance with all code requirements.
- Review submittals for accuracy, conformance to project specifications, coordination with related trades and constructability.
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness.
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards.
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions.
- Ensuring all aspects of the projects are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Administering client specific programs, such as Landlord/Site Rules and Regulations, Safety, Site Specific Security, etc.
- Managing changes in project scope and implementing document controls to ensure that the most recent documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework.
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion.
- Facilitate coordinate and scheduling with supporting work groups, such as the clients internal IS department, vendors, security, etc.
- Complete project schedules for proposals, review estimates, assist in creating proposals, participate in interviews, etc.
- Engaged in marketing and obtaining projects
- Other duties may be assigned as need to support the goals of the company.
- A degree in Construction Management, Architectural, Engineering or related field
- 1 years experience as a Project Engineer
- A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and site work related thereto
- Proficiency with MS Office, Projects Adobe and other related software required to create required documentation. The ability to use Primavera P6, Timberline, Prolog, Procore and similar software is also beneficial
Benefits and Perks
PBG offers a competitive benefits package to full time employees including:
100% paid medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time (1 week)
- 401k with generous discretionary match
- Continuous training and education opportunities
About Pacific Building Group
Founded in 1984, Pacific Building Group earned a strong reputation as a full-service general contractor specializing in tenant improvements. As a result of its commitment to excellent service, integrity and a personal approach, the company has grown to deliver a diverse range of construction projects, including ground-up, tenant improvement, healthcare, life science, hospitality and facilities maintenance. Today, Pacific Building Group is one of the largest and most respected locally-based and operated general contracting firms in San Diego County. Through its dedicated and valued team of over... 150 employees who implement the companys vision of Delivering the highest level of service, every time, Pacific Building Group strives to complete projects in which employees, strategic partners and the community can take pride. Types of Projects - Corporate Offices / Headquarters Class A Office Improvements Medical Office Buildings / Specialty Suites Hospital / Acute Care Facilities Biotech & Research Facilities Technology & Data Centers Industrial / Manufacturing Retail Centers Hospitality / Restaurants Bank Facilities Church / School Facilities Government / Federal / Public Works Non-Profit / Community Organizations